• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Sorry fir going off topic....

I also noted in the quoted federal statute that Prohibited persons includes illegal users of Marijuana. I guess that makes all the pot smokers in the "legal" states, prohibited persons too, since it's still a federal crime.

Just a thought... I bet the dems fight to keep pot illegal at the federal level as a back door defacto gun ban.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
    This is true, story elsewhere on the forum.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    A friend of mine just went through this. Swat officers showed up at his home. He had to turn over all his guns. Luckily they let him turn them over to a local FFL who held them for him. A couple months later after legal fees and aggravation his record was expunged. All guns returned.

A poker buddy had the same thing happen about 8 months ago. He had about 10 rifles and pistols purchased over 15 yrs from MD gun shops. Then in late 2015 he was denied a pistol purchase. The reason cited was related to a crime back in the 70's. He had broken the antenna off some neighbors car during an argument. Neighbor pressed charges and he pleaded to get it over-with.

No previous purchases over the previous 10ys had ever been denied or questioned. He explained that he served no time and simply had to pay restitution for the damages so he didn't realize that was considered a conviction.

Fast forward 2016 swat van shows up one day in his suburban neighborhood that he has lived in for 20ys enters his home heavily armed. He and his wife were forced to lay prone in the floor with guns pointed at them while they recovered all of his weapons.

Case is going through court now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyWalker

Sep 14, 2016
    I, to also have a 2nd degree assault charge, but was converted to a PBJ which is not a prohibitor, and have no problems

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PBJ is also not available if the crime has a mandatory minimum sentence.

IF you complete probation, it is not a conviction.

IANAL.

see below:

Attachments

• pbj1.jpg
      pbj1.jpg
      30.1 KB · Views: 385
    • pbj.jpg
      pbj.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 385

SkyWalker

Sep 14, 2016
    Don't know about all that. I know I had a 2nd deg asst. Was converted to a PBJ by the judge after 1 year. And have a writing email from a supervisor at the MD FLD stating that a 2nd degree asst is not a prohibitor as long as it's a PBJ and you are not on supervised probation

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    A poker buddy had the same thing happen about 8 months ago. He had about 10 rifles and pistols purchased over 15 yrs from MD gun shops. Then in late 2015 he was denied a pistol purchase. The reason cited was related to a crime back in the 70's. He had broken the antenna off some neighbors car during an argument. Neighbor pressed charges and he pleaded to get it over-with.

No previous purchases over the previous 10ys had ever been denied or questioned. He explained that he served no time and simply had to pay restitution for the damages so he didn't realize that was considered a conviction.

Fast forward 2016 swat van shows up one day in his suburban neighborhood that he has lived in for 20ys enters his home heavily armed. He and his wife were forced to lay prone in the floor with guns pointed at them while they recovered all of his weapons.

Case is going through court now.

Baltimore county ?

Anyway they all get credit for a high risk entry ...that's the main thing.. ;)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Baltimore county ?

Anyway they all get credit for a high risk entry ...that's the main thing.. ;)

AACO. He actually knew some if the county police guys who were there with MSP. So he explained they probably went a little easier on him for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom