• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Very Interested in the verbage as well. Qualified with TS, Contractor, Job Functions and the Letter from OPM

Dittoes - I'm tempted to put in for WCP, if it looks like I'd have decent odds of getting it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    By the way, I've had people in the past ask me what to do if they lost their OPM breach letter. You can request a new one at https://www.opm.gov/cybersecurity/faqs/ . Call the number

You can request another notification letter by requesting it on line here:
    https://www.opm.gov/cybersecurity/#Actions

Clicking the "Verify Online" button at the right gets you to the DMDC verification form. One of the reasons on the request form is "I misplaced my letter..."

Enjoy!

poik01

Feb 17, 2013
    Dblas is correct.. My investigator stated just because OPM and me being retired Military will not get me a permit. I had to show that I was still active in the fight. I am intel and I do have a clearance, DoD contractor working for a three letter agency. Had interview 1 July, turned in company verification letter 5 July, got back from leave today 30 July and had my permit in the mail with restrictions. Restrictions "off duty hours while employed with (my companies name) (MD only). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Dblas is correct.. My investigator stated just because OPM and me being retired Military will not get me a permit. I had to show that I was still active in the fight. I am intel and I do have a clearance, DoD contractor working for a three letter agency. Had interview 1 July, turned in company verification letter 5 July, got back from leave today 30 July and had my permit in the mail with restrictions. Restrictions "off duty hours while employed with (my companies name) (MD only). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law.

Congrats on the new carry permit, glad we could help.

kimmiann

Mar 18, 2013
    Depends. I have personal friends (read not some one on the internet) who have gotten a permit without going to hprb. I have a copy of the whole application packet if anyone is interested.

I would appreciate if you could assist me in applying for my CCW. I have my OPM breach letter and I am also disabled. Thanks!

Jan 25, 2017
    Would having the following be enough to get a CCW permit?

1. Active duty.
    2. TS Clearance.
    3. Working in IT/Communications.
    4. Personal information leaked in the OPM breach.

Is there more needed than this in order to get an MD CCW?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    These days, who knows. You'll prolly be denied initially by the MSP and have to go through the appeal wickets to get to the HPRB. From there it could be favorable, depending on your "Apprehended Danger" tale spinning skills. But there are many resources here and on MSI's site to guide you along the path.

But like the saying goes: "Ya gottta play to win." Good luck!

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

1. Active duty.
    2. TS Clearance.

Everything I have heard and read, some though my own experiences with MSP (BTW hi Moriarty) is that if you can reasonably articulate the threat, and have a TS, you should get a permit. Start with ODNI SEAD 3, takes a little digging to find it.
    In my initial denial, MSP spent a page describing how my clearence put me at risk though my access, but then said quite literally in one sentence at the end "but he doesn't have a TS so the information must not be all that valuable." Though out the whole process MSP was fishing for a TS clearence.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

1. Active duty.
    2. TS Clearance.

Everything I have heard and read, some though my own experiences with MSP (BTW hi Moriarty) is that if you can reasonably articulate the threat, and have a TS, you should get a permit. Start with ODNI SEAD 3, takes a little digging to find it.
    In my initial denial, MSP spent a page describing how my clearence put me at risk though my access, but then said quite literally in one sentence at the end "but he doesn't have a TS so the information must not be all that valuable." Though out the whole process MSP was fishing for a TS clearence.

Short answer: probably

Definitely worth budgeting the $$ necessary for training (if required), permit application fee + fingerprints.

And yes, Hello to the LD who read these threads as part of their daily duties.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Barebones as outlined, maybe to probably.

The more * well articulated * details you can flesh that out , mo' better.

Any other reasons, even if inconsequencial in themselves , articulatly given , mo' better .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom