• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    That's why I'm hoping to use Britt. I'm dealing with Master Trooper Harmel BTW, if that matters.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Received a letter saying that they CAN NOT give unrestricted pets to anyone except for personal protection, that as a business owner I get to articulate when I am at work. Wang to hear from hprb to see about appeal.

Nobody

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Waiting on HPRB myself for a hearing. It's been 45 days and nothing. Sent them an email last week and got no response.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Received a letter saying that they CAN NOT give unrestricted pets to anyone except for personal protection, that as a business owner I get to articulate when I am at work. Wang to hear from hprb to see about appeal.

Nobody

So what did you want, a cat, a dog, maybe a gopher?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So what did you want, a cat, a dog, maybe a gopher?

Water buffalo.

Seriously, Nobody, there was a protracted discussion about that very concept at tonight's HPRB meeting. And I fear a precedent may have been set.

The action starts around https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4428203&postcount=35

Why do I fear this win? Because the majority of the LD troops in attendance seemed upset that they lost, and I suspect they may challenge the decision. Also, the adversary organization representatives were there for the smackdown, so I'm positive that words will be spoken somewhere on high as well as during the next MGA session.

:popcorn:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Water buffalo.

Seriously, Nobody, there was a protracted discussion about that very concept at tonight's HPRB meeting. And I fear a precedent may have been set.

The action starts around https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4428203&postcount=35

Why do I fear this win? Because the majority of the LD troops in attendance seemed upset that they lost, and I suspect they may challenge the decision. Also, the adversary organization representatives were there for the smackdown, so I'm positive that words will be spoken somewhere on high as well as during the next MGA session.

:popcorn:

Maybe I asked this before ... can MSP challenge a board ruling in court? I don't think they have ever done so in the past.

If the MDGA tries to put more restriction on CCW in MD, I suspect the possibility of the anti side loosing in court increases. What they have now is so close, putting their finger on the scale again sets everything in motion for fail for them. All they'd gain is some time in their happy world before heartache forever.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maybe I asked this before ... can MSP challenge a board ruling in court? I don't think they have ever done so in the past.

Yes they can and yes they have, just search on Handgun Permit Review Board in MD Judicial Case Search.

If the MDGA tries to put more restriction on CCW in MD, I suspect the possibility of the anti side loosing in court increases. What they have now is so close, putting their finger on the scale again sets everything in motion for fail for them. All they'd gain is some time in their happy world before heartache forever.

Probably.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Let me put it this way: No one ever accused the Anti-2A Lobby of being overly restrained. :innocent0

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    MSP denied my restriction removal request, I sent an appeal to the MSP and to the HPRB based on this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197697

MSP called today to schedule an interview but I haven't had time to call back yet. Is this in person or over the phone (Pikesville is 80 miles for me each way)? Can I have someone speak to them on my behalf? I'm thinking they will deny me so at least that someone can help frame my HGRB hearing? Can someone speak on my behalf at the HGRB?

If so, who to hire? I'm thinking Jack McCauley, whom I have an email in to and plan on calling tomorrow to discuss?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Going to parse this apart a bit for clarity:

MSP denied my restriction removal request, I sent an appeal to the MSP and to the HPRB based on this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197697

MSP called today to schedule an interview but I haven't had time to call back yet. Is this in person or over the phone (Pikesville is 80 miles for me each way)?

I believe that the informal interview is in person, but I chose to bypass that portion and went directly to the HPRB with my appeal.

Can I have someone speak to them on my behalf? I'm thinking they will deny me so at least that someone can help frame my HGRB hearing?

Yes, but I believe you would still need to be present.

Can someone speak on my behalf at the HGRB?

Yes. Many applicants have had attorney representation at the HPRB and at least one person has had Jack testify on their behalf.

If so, who to hire? I'm thinking Jack McCauley, whom I have an email in to and plan on calling tomorrow to discuss?

This will be a personal decision that you have to make. I believe that Jack has gone silent recently. It won't hurt to try and contact him, but my gut feeling is that he will be off the radar for whatever reason (and one that I will not guess at).

My best advice? Do your homework! Go to some of the HPRB meetings! I learned a lot by doing so. Feel free to use whatever information from my hearing, that's why I made it available. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Bill

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Several I am a landlord of multiple properties , home appraiser, entertainer and Minister.

Nobody

so, in playing devils advocate here, how are you at greater risk than the general population when not working? enemies, documented threats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom