• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    FNP is a total joke. I don't think many people pay for a subscription. You can read 9 articles online before it locks you out. You then clear your cookies and can read more.

The very reason I don't subscribe to FNP

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Instead of numerous people starting threads about threats or challenges to 2A from various Maryland Libtard politicians, I propose that there be ONE thread where MDS members drop these alerts or accounts.

That way, MSI leadership can keep tabs, while all the rest of us can keep up in sort of a logbook fashion.

Of course, folks could still start regular rant threads, but if the OP or a reader could also drop a copy into the MSI Drop Box thread then we cover all the bases. Without a central place for this news, the key players in MSI could miss it because none of us can read all of the rant threads.

Once alerted, MSI can decide to call an action if warranted.
    I like the idea but it's kinda the same as mass emailing or using Twitter. If one of the MSI Execs. wants to do something like that I can help organize it.

I think the problem is the call to action part. People have to be willing to step up. I just don't see it especially when gun shows have trouble getting coverage now.

There needs to be some way to drum up support and effort. I'm brainstorming.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    One thing of note is also I emailed the 3 council members who supported the shall issue bill being sent to Annapolis and never heard back. But Otis was on the spot. I have a feeling he is right about the bills intent.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Would be great if the Sheriff could be asked to get involved. He sounds like a true Constitutional Sheriff.

https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/277703
    Jenkins is. See how he's criticized here ...

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/...uburb-of-dc-unless-good-ol-boy-past-stops-it/

(An article DA and I were recently discussing ... strong anti-conservative slant ... but gives a sense of the political dynamic in Frederick)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Instead of numerous people starting threads about threats or challenges to 2A from various Maryland Libtard politicians, I propose that there be ONE thread where MDS members drop these alerts or accounts.

That way, MSI leadership can keep tabs, while all the rest of us can keep up in sort of a logbook fashion.

Once alerted, MSI can decide to call an action if warranted.

Excellent idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Jenkins said in 2013, that he would not allow the use of county resources, to enforce FSA2013. I know the man and he is as straight a shooter as they come. He knows he answers to the residents of FredCo and does his best for them.

Was he the Sheriff at 2A Tuesday?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Maryland and Missouri when it comes to examples of population and permits.

Can anyone remind me if Missouri has more gun crimes than Maryland? without looking I'm thinking Maryland wins by a long shot.

St. Louis is the deadliest city in the US. Yes, they have MD beat on gun crime.

New Orleans is deadlier than BMore, despite more permissive laws.

That's not to say that permissive laws are why there is more crime.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I did some quick checking, and Md vs MO is a mixed bag. As per 2014 numbers :

Md edges Mo on overall Violent Crime 446.1/100k vs 442.9/100k.

Mo pulls ahead on raw number of murders 403 vs 365 .

Murder rate in specific cities : St Louis 59/100k vs Baltimore 55/100k .

And in parallel, Md has violent crime concentrated in Baltimore and PG County, the rest of state is average to peaceful. Mo has violent crime concentrated in St Louis and lesser extent Kansas City, rest of state is average to very peaceful.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Nice to see real numbers, thanks for digging for them.

I honestly think the only way Maryland gets shall issue permits in the next 5 years is if trump wins and sticks to what he said about national carry.

Even if hogan gets a 2nd term and makes shell issue something he pushes for I still don't see it happening. Not unless this election cycle, we boot a lot of the left which imo even with hogan being so well liked, I still see everyone (pg/mgc/balt) voting in the normal guys... SMH

Off topic and maybe rack knows. Have the Maryland polls tightened any for Kathy vs Chris? Last I heard he was favored something like 70%

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I honestly think the only way Maryland gets shall issue permits in the next 5 years is if trump wins and sticks to what he said about national carry.

Won't happen. Trump isn't a conservative. He is trying to get votes right now but his position on virtually everything will not be what it is today. Like every other politician.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    Won't happen. Trump isn't a conservative. He is trying to get votes right now but his position on virtually everything will not be what it is today. Like every other politician.

Sadly it looks like Hill will win anyway. And as far as the left is concerned, Bernie would have likely been the best option as far as 2A. He had the most consistent pro-forearms record.

God it feels so dirty even typing that much of an endorsement of the man :puke:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Its going to come down to who has a better last week. The polls have been swinging wildly week to week with the current news cycle of 24 hours it doesn't much matter what happened a month ago. Julian Assanage may have some real dirt but if he releases it to early people will have long forgotten about it. I hope he releases it at just the right time.

Trump needs a lot of swing states and Hill needs only a few so, sadly, you are probably right.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    Agreed. The scary thing to me is that my once great home state of Arizona is slowly being turned purple and looking like it will soon become a swing state too which cuts away from a once solid Red vote.

Influx of liberals moving in from California looking to escape the massive tax problem they created in their state are now looking to do the same to AZ. Reminds me of VA and CO.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    Influx of liberals moving in from California looking to escape the massive tax problem they created in their state are now looking to do the same to AZ. Reminds me of VA and CO.

I'm just moving to Phoenix from the CA bay area - hopefully I'll balance out one of the Libs moving there and nullify their influence. I've promised my friends out there that we are bring NO CA idiocy with us <grin>

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Amazing how they shit in their own bed then have to change beds because they don't like what's happened with their bed.

Like people who move to the country because they want to get away from the city. First thing they do is bitch about how there's nothing convenient and try to get the area built up so it's just like their old area...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The canary in the coal mine is someone demanding leash laws.

That is the first inroad of Libtard aggression against their country neighbors.

After that comes the demand for sidewalks financed by oppressive new taxes... And on and on.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I got a response from Delauter.

Thanks xxxx.. Two FCPS employees ( Teachers ) on the Council ( one being a history teacher ) and can’t agree the 2nd amendment is a right, not a privilege. CM Jerry Donald should be teaching how history repeats itself as well. Scary having someone that disengaged in the realities we face, teaching kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom