• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I went on the website and don’t see any Nighthawks. I’d love to see what they have.

They are on there, but my website is being a little screwy. I'll have to work on getting it straightened out. Also, better to contact me before buying directly from our website. We are required to advertise certain manufacturers at MSRP, but can give considerable discounts on some. Like Nighthawk and STI.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5216198#post5216198

BBP doesn't list its inventory online. They pretty much put everything up on MDS to give us first-crack at it.

I saw a Falcon and a Talon there yesterday, as well as the Springfields.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=221878

That's the link to the Springer Custom Shop guns.

But whatever ya do, seriously consider doing business with our IP's. Your wallet will thank you.

Thanks for the links. Website is a mess right now.

We have a Falcon, Talon, and GRP in stock right now.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Not sure why you'd rather pay more on GB...

Only use GB when it's to your advantage. I picked this up for $2500 a few months ago. Brand new Nighthawk T3 never fired since factory testing. It doesn't happen every day, but if it's a real bargain I won't pass it up. Otherwise, I promote buying local to support our gun shops.

T3_1.jpg

T3_2.jpg

T3_3.jpg

T3_4.jpg

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Good thing I quit drinking anything stronger than beer about 8 years ago. I'd get myself in deep do-do real fast by drunken window shopping on GB.

But as a 1911-fan, you are obligated to make a pilgrimage to the big blue temple in Finksburg. I'm guessing you didn't get the memo? You also need to check-out https://www.1911addicts.com/ because BBP has a lot of happy customers there, too. You'd love it. Nuttin' but 1911's 24/7.

If I were you, though, I'd approach Bob at Gunrunners in Downtown Frederick about the mismarked Colt Special Combat Government dilemma. You might need to get there by canoe at the moment so, I'd give him a call first and explain. Bob is one of the more Colt-knowledgeable FFL's in our area and he could probably assist with your search.

I have a long love-hate relationship with 1911's that quickly goes from totally obsessed to completely burned-out without any warning. It has been especially bad since purchasing a Walther PPQ 45 last year. That thing ruined me on just about every pistol chambered in .45 ACP. Whatever you do, don't get one of those things.

Thanks for all the great info.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Only use GB when it's to your advantage. I picked this up for $2500 a few months ago. Brand new Nighthawk T3 never fired since factory testing. It doesn't happen every day, but if it's a real bargain I won't pass it up. Otherwise, I promote buying local to support our gun shops.

It's a good rule of thumb. Every now and then you do stumble across those good deals from motivated sellers.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    My 1911 problem is that I don't have one.

Considering that prices range anywhere from $500-5000, choosing a 1911 can be difficult. Think about what you want to do with it and budget accordingly. It doesn't have to cost a small fortune to get started.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    I don't buy new firearms from Gunbroker anymore. I may as well be paying list price after all of the fees and stuff.

The GB fees fall on the seller. If you are buying a really expensive firearm, it is usually cheaper to pay the shipping and transfer fee as opposed to the state tax. As with any shopping, I always approach a local dealer to see if they can come close to the final price. I don't mind paying a bit more to buy local, but if it's more than $100, then I have to be selfish and think of my own finances. Additionally, I must point out that I do not support GunBroker, although their fees are not nearly as bad as eBay. It's a good place to find older items that cannot be found locally, however, there are too many shenanigans going on with vintage firearms sellers. I will snag a good deal if I see one, but most of the high profile sellers cannot be trusted. Additionally, if possible, I investigate the seller prior to any purchase. Regarding the Nighthawk I posted above; I found the seller owned a firearms company in Indiana, I contacted him and bought the gun directly. I will do anything possible to avoid gun auctions. The internet and gun auctions are the primary reason for overly inflated prices on vintage firearms.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The GB fees fall on the seller. If you are buying a really expensive firearm, it is usually cheaper to pay the shipping and transfer fee as opposed to the state tax. As with any shopping, I always approach a local dealer to see if they can come close to the final price. I don't mind paying a bit more to buy local, but if it's more than $100, then I have to be selfish and think of my own finances. Additionally, I must point out that I do not support GunBroker, although their fees are not nearly as bad as eBay. It's a good place to find older items that cannot be found locally, however, there are too many shenanigans going on with vintage firearms sellers. I will snag a good deal if I see one, but most of the high profile sellers cannot be trusted. Additionally, if possible, I investigate the seller prior to any purchase. Regarding the Nighthawk I posted above; I found the seller owned a firearms company in Indiana, I contacted him and bought the gun directly. I will do anything possible to avoid gun auctions. The internet and gun auctions are the primary reason for overly inflated prices on vintage firearms.

The last two firearms that I purchased through GunBroker were older Colt revolvers. No, I didn't pay rock bottom, but they weren't over what they should have been. Most local sellers wanted a premium over the high side on the two models I got.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Now THIS is a gun problem. I can relate, I think most on this forum can relate. Every time after I buy a gun and I think I am done....the auctions pull me back in. As for my kids...well, they already know when I am gone from this earth and hopefully God willing a long time from now, which gun they want from the collection.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    The problem I have with Gun Broker, and I do use them, is you have to figure on shipping as well as the CC fee of 3%. Then on top of that you have the transfer fee. If you can just buy the firearm from your dealer like Baltimore's Best Pawn or many of the other dealers, you can save a lot of money time and hassle.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I only buy things I cannot get from a local dealer. Mainly used, typically out of production, firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom