• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don’t really want to bug them, but I sent in my Garand application 3/19 and still haven’t heard a thing. I emailed early in the week and got a short “we are backlogged and working on March orders now”. In the order timeline thread I see one person who mailed theirs several days after mine and had their check cashed a couple of days ago and someone else who mailed theirs 3 days after I mailed mine and they got a DBU earlier this week and have a Garand in hand already. Which puts me well over a week behind when I should have heard something. At least if they are processing them as they got them.

I haven’t seen a flood of people who mailed after me having gotten stuff yet, just the 1 who has and the 1 who at least has some activity towards their order getting done. A bunch of people who sent stuff in a week or week and a half before I did who already have a rifle in hand.

Also I just check, no charge on my CC yet.

I doubt it was lost in the mail, that stuff just seems rare and it never got returned to sender. So I assume they have it.

I just don’t want to call and bug them, especially call and be REALLY insistent that they look for my darned order. Or at least I don’t want to unless it seems obvious mine got tucked somewhere else.

Also is there much of a time difference between people who are sending in new orders versus those who are sending in an order who have already ordered within the 3 year timeline?

Wait till the end of next week and then call and act annoyed if they don’t nicely look? Wait till a few early April orders have been processed and then give them a call?

PS I can’t ask on the CMP forum as my account has been disabled or something is messed up with it since I created my account 6 weeks ago and I’ve sent messages to the forum administrator 3 times over the last few weeks and no luck on even hearing back.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I don’t really want to bug them, but I sent in my Garand application 3/19 and still haven’t heard a thing. I emailed early in the week and got a short “we are backlogged and working on March orders now”. In the order timeline thread I see one person who mailed theirs several days after mine and had their check cashed a couple of days ago and someone else who mailed theirs 3 days after I mailed mine and they got a DBU earlier this week and have a Garand in hand already. Which puts me well over a week behind when I should have heard something. At least if they are processing them as they got them.

I haven’t seen a flood of people who mailed after me having gotten stuff yet, just the 1 who has and the 1 who at least has some activity towards their order getting done. A bunch of people who sent stuff in a week or week and a half before I did who already have a rifle in hand.

Also I just check, no charge on my CC yet.

I doubt it was lost in the mail, that stuff just seems rare and it never got returned to sender. So I assume they have it.

I just don’t want to call and bug them, especially call and be REALLY insistent that they look for my darned order. Or at least I don’t want to unless it seems obvious mine got tucked somewhere else.

Also is there much of a time difference between people who are sending in new orders versus those who are sending in an order who have already ordered within the 3 year timeline?

Wait till the end of next week and then call and act annoyed if they don’t nicely look? Wait till a few early April orders have been processed and then give them a call?

PS I can’t ask on the CMP forum as my account has been disabled or something is messed up with it since I created my account 6 weeks ago and I’ve sent messages to the forum administrator 3 times over the last few weeks and no luck on even hearing back.

They got your order if they said they were working on April orders you should call! Just be patient it depends on what was ordered by who because some are ready to go and others still need to be gone over. If this was your first order it takes longer than someone who has maybe purchased several already this year.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They got your order if they said they were working on April orders you should call! Just be patient it depends on what was ordered by who because some are ready to go and others still need to be gone over. If this was your first order it takes longer than someone who has maybe purchased several already this year.

Okay, that was part of my thinking. I guess nothing to do but wait for now and just keep an eye at where they are on the Garand order status thread and call if it looks like all the orders being processed are in April.

I do have an account on the eStore. Nothing showing in there. I don’t know how important it is, but I can’t remember which of my two emails I use I sent in on my order form. Of course my name and address are correct for the eStore and my order.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I think my first order from the CMP was 2015 for a service grade and I think I waited 6-8 months before I got it! I’m not a very patient person and that almost did me in but I was well rewarded with a beautiful H&R M1! Just wait until you get the shipping confirmation and your tracking it and it shows “out for delivery” and it’s after 5pm!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think my first order from the CMP was 2015 for a service grade and I think I waited 6-8 months before I got it! I’m not a very patient person and that almost did me in but I was well rewarded with a beautiful H&R M1! Just wait until you get the shipping confirmation and your tracking it and it shows “out for delivery” and it’s after 5pm!

I don’t think I’d manage that kind of wait. Did you ever call to get confirmation they had your order? No idea what their historical processing time is and too lazy to check the thread that far back, but at least over the last couple of months of threads it looks like they are mostly running 5-7 weeks to process people’s orders these days. I guess mine is just might be more like 7 or 8.

I guess I don’t begrudge people too much (who am I kidding, I do right now cause I am waiting!!!), but I definitely see a LOT of people in there who are ordering 2 and sometimes 3 Garands and they are mostly people who seem to have ordered at least 1 or 2 before also.

I mean, I love me some Garand, but I guess I just don’t see much of a point beyond 2. 1 to shoot and 1 that is more collectible and a safe queen. Not that I see no reason to try to get unique ones or no reason to have more than 2, but still a fair number who must be ordering like there 5 or 6th (or more) Garand.

I kind of wish CMP limited you to 2 a year or something. Isn’t their limit 5? Seems like 2 a year limit would go more towards a partial goal of spreading the love more than allowing it to concentrate in the few hundred guys maxing their orders year after year (and some of them turning around and reselling them).

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    No I never did call as I knew before hand it would be months before I would see one as that was what was stayed on the web site ordering page. I’ve got three and that’s good enough for me, 2 Springfield’s and the H&R. I was lucky that I was able to stock up on the surplus ammo that they had and I was able to get some good bayonets, both of which they have sold out of. I think the limit is 8 but only 1 of the Winchester and International versions. Back when in 2015 I think it was 12 and I remember people ordering all they could, or at least that’s what was being said on the forum.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I will also say that I hope you get a good USGI stock as from what I’ve been reading, a lot of the M1’s are coming with the hackberry wood stocks and not the CMP walnut stocks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I will also say that I hope you get a good USGI stock as from what I’ve been reading, a lot of the M1’s are coming with the hackberry wood stocks and not the CMP walnut stocks.

Yeah, though I think that is more with the field grade. Though maybe I am wrong about that (I hope not).

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Was this for a SA/HRA or IHC? SA/HRA are 2-4 month shipping, and IHC is sold out as of 4/26/18, so likely backlogged on shipping as well.

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Was this for a SA/HRA or IHC? SA/HRA are 2-4 month shipping, and IHC is sold out as of 4/26/18, so likely backlogged on shipping as well.

Q

RM1SERVICE

At least from what I am seeing on the order timeline folks who are doing RM1SERVICE are getting theirs in 5-7 weeks.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So it looks like a SA (Springfield Armory)/HRA (Harrington and Richardson) which is listed at 2-4 months for shipping.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

I'm waiting on an IHC, but don't know if I made the cutoff. Mailed it about two weeks prior to the sold out date.

Q
    You should be OK they shut down orders before they run out in order to have enough to cover what they have in the pipeline. If they have any left over they can sell them in the stores.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks for the info, I've been infected, and will keep an eye out. May need to make a pilgrimage to the Northern store in the near future.

Q

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks for the info, I've been infected, and will keep an eye out. May need to make a pilgrimage to the Northern store in the near future.

Q

Before you go check the CMP Forum for the thread for the store. What they have varies and often people will post reports on what is available.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No DBU yet, but my order shows in the eStore now! “Ship ASAP”!

So excited! Hopefully by this time next week I’ll have my new to me Garand in hand.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Got the email, order shows processing.....now the wait....

Q

Yeah. Mine has been showing as processing and in the eStore for a week. RM1SERVICE seems to suddenly be super slow after shipping 2-3 days after for a few weeks now everyone seems to be in a holding pattern on the CMP forums. IHC and other stuff seems to be shopping fast, so you might not need to wait long.

Someone mentioned a few days ago their RM1SERVICE was listed as “back ordered”, though mine says ship ASAP. Hopefully it won’t be much longer, but maybe they need to clean, test and clear another batch of rifles.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    *sigh* so should I call them again soon? Finally hit the eStore last Wednesday late. It’s been sitting as ship ASAP since then. Not a flood, but I’ve seen a couple of guys who’s orders hit the eStore after me who also ordered RM1SERVICE who shipped almost right away.

Could it be because I asked for a good shooter and that’s taking longer for them to find one with low wear? At least a couple of weeks ago it looked like most people’s timelines it as hitting the eStore and then shipping in 2-5 business days and mines been sitting 7 business days if you ignore weekends. Wait till later next week and then call to find out what might be up?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder if they've taken personnel to help with the 1911 pistol rollout that is impacting the efficiency of their other operations. Was on their .22 rifle page recently and they added a comment about 60 day minimum turnaround time on shipments which wasn't there a few months back (although this example could be entirely unrelated, especially as Savage should be shipping these rifles, unless they go to the CMP first to get peep sights mounted on them).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom