• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Watched half of the bmore episode on my lunch break. Hit home pretty hard watching the first scene with the cops staked out near a shell gas station. My sister lives in the apartments 1 block to the left of that and my church is across the street...

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I watched the series, there is definitely some playing up to the producers going on. Also, some weird little phrasing going on ("Memorial Weekend" instead of Memorial Day Weekend?). Makes me thing the editors or something are from outside the US.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Finally got around to watching it. Not bad, but the makers were definitely not from this area. When the chief dealer was headed up to Hazzard County the signs on the highway were in the south bound direction, lol.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Finally got around to watching it. Not bad, but the makers were definitely not from this area. When the chief dealer was headed up to Hazzard County the signs on the highway were in the south bound direction, lol.

I remember a funny pronunciation of “Anne Arundel” County.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

They also used footage from the same areas while depicting and narrating different situations.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I remember a funny pronunciation of “Anne Arundel” County.

That "accent on the first syllable" form is the correct pronunciation of the prominent family in England. At least it's the modern pronunciation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_of_Arundel

I've sometimes wondered whether our Maryland pronunciation of "Arundel", accent on the second syllable, was the correct pronunciation used by the family themselves back in the 1600s. Many of our American English forms and pronunciations preserve those older Jacobean and Elizabethan forms.

As for odd editing which mixes up street signs and locations, that's what video editors do. If you watch the excellent Nat. Geo. series, "Life Below Zero," you'll see that all the time: hunters switching between different rifles or shotguns, obvious dry firing, etc. They collect a lot of video clips of people shooting, or of street signs, and just stick those clips in where they think they look good.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    As for odd editing which mixes up street signs and locations, that's what video editors do. If you watch the excellent Nat. Geo. series, "Life Below Zero," you'll see that all the time: hunters switching between different rifles or shotguns, obvious dry firing, etc. They collect a lot of video clips of people shooting, or of street signs, and just stick those clips in where they think they look good.

This!

joma352

Jan 4, 2018
    Lower Eastern Shore
    i watched it the other night, i think the series does a good job of showing every side of the war on drugs: dealers, addicts, and cops. the more episodes of Dope i watch the more i think its actors portraying real people than recordings of actual people. good series though.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Episode 1 was online maybe a week or two ago (but not available when they first released the series for whatever reason). Iirc, it was focused on drug trafficking in LA SF area.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom