• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I lost a small piece of siding from my roofline in the storm. Looking for an insured contractor to make the repair. Will pay cash. Photos attached. I am located in Belcamp.

Attachments

• image-1005605140.jpg
      image-1005605140.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 203

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    That is just a piece of metal fascia. Only looks to be about a 4' piece coming off. You can buy this pre-bent in 8' lengths at Home Depot for about $10. If I lived closer to you I'd fix it for you for free. Don't let anyone rip you off to fix this. I wouldn't worry too much about a licensed/insured contractor. If you have a friend with some tools and some mechanical ability ask them for a favor.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I wouldn't worry too much about a licensed/insured contractor. If you have a friend with some tools and some mechanical ability ask them for a favor.

Right until they fall off your roof and one of their insurers subrogates against you.

Putting up some drywall is one thing, climbing on a roof or limbing a tree is something else.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    The listened contractor will charge you $300, the unlicensed handyman will charge you $100.
    Your call.

Last edited:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Right until they fall off your roof and one of their insurers subrogates against you.

Putting up some drywall is one thing, climbing on a roof or limbing a tree is something else.
    So you never have a handyman friend do an easy odd job for you or vice versa?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    $300 seems awful high for 10 minutes of work. I guess it's the inconvenience fee of doing the job.

Your roof doesn't look scary, wait until the snow melts and do it yourself for $20. I know this doesn't help you very much.

ninethourpm

Jan 20, 2016
    That is just a piece of metal fascia. Only looks to be about a 4' piece coming off. You can buy this pre-bent in 8' lengths at Home Depot for about $10. If I lived closer to you I'd fix it for you for free. Don't let anyone rip you off to fix this. I wouldn't worry too much about a licensed/insured contractor. If you have a friend with some tools and some mechanical ability ask them for a favor.

This, it will take longer to set a ladder up than replace the fascia.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So you never have a handyman friend do an easy odd job for you or vice versa?

Roofing and logging are the highest risk industries (after commercial fishing). As I said, I wouldn't have a problem with someone doing an uninsured drywall job inside the home, but to have someone climb a roof to work, no way.

In my particular case, I carry a workmans comp policy that covers anyone working in my house, so I personally don't have to worry about this particular liability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom