• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Just read this article in the Huffington Post about the hearings that quotes Raskin as saying,

"I think there’s a concern that the spirit of Newtown -- that resolve -- is already beginning to slip away." Raskin added, "The time to act is now."

Is that pretty much all but an admission that this law is being passed based on a long-standing agenda, and they're trying to use a tragedy to further their control?? They are ADMITTING this is emotionally-based law. I can't believe they can get away with this. And it's in the Huffington Post!

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    "More than 700 people from both sides of the gun control debate..."

700? What rally was this? I seem to remember a boatload more against the bill and Frosh hard pressed to find speakers for it after several hours.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    According to my rough estimates, there were more than 700 people just in line to speak, another 2-3k at the rally.

Mr H

Banana'd
    "More than 700 people from both sides of the gun control debate..."

700? What rally was this? I seem to remember a boatload more against the bill and Frosh hard pressed to find speakers for it after several hours.

Grammatically, 700:1 would make them correct!!! Shoot... so would 4000:12

;)

As for HuffPo??? They've been interestingly more balanced of late. I used to get miffed with the wife for going there, but now I'm thanking her more.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Grammatically, 700:1 would make them correct!!! Shoot... so would 4000:12

;)

As for HuffPo??? They've been interestingly more balanced of late. I used to get miffed with the wife for going there, but now I'm thanking her more.

Heh.. I seriously doubt there were even 700 anti's there at all.

4000:12 sounds about right! :D

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Less than 100 in support.

They got four hours (of which only 3 hours they could fill)
    3 minutes per person would allow 20 people an hour or 80 at four hours and those that were present know all too well that the first two sessions, most people got much more than 3 minutes due to questioning (or the PHD shrink that got 1/2 hour because there was no one else left for the 2nd half of the 3rd hour)

The opposition FAR out weighed the support but the media will never report it.

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    There were at least 1700 signed up to testify against. That is verifiable by the sign in books. Raskin may be a chess master but O'Malley is playing him as a pawn.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Less than 100 in support.

They got four hours (of which only 3 hours they could fill)
    3 minutes per person would allow 20 people an hour or 80 at four hours and those that were present know all too well that the first two sessions, most people got much more than 3 minutes due to questioning (or the PHD shrink that got 1/2 hour because there was no one else left for the 2nd half of the 3rd hour)

The opposition FAR out weighed the support but the media will never report it.

Some of the people on their panels got tired of waiting and left. The panels were submitted days before the testimony. What does that say about their resolve to fight for this bill?

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

"I think there’s a concern that the spirit of Newtown -- that resolve -- is already beginning to slip away." Raskin added, "The time to act is now."

Translation: "The longer we delay in capitalizing on this tragedy and implement additional, incremental steps in achieving our end game, the more the emotional appeal will wear off. The time to ban guns is now"

There's nothing surprising about what this bonehead is saying...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Just read this article in the Huffington Post about the hearings that quotes Raskin as saying,

Translation:

"This legislation is so bad, we HAVE to pass it before everyone's had a chance to calm down and think rationally!"

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    If he does not pass this bill - How will he stand any chance of becoming President in 2016. His competition in New York already got his gun law passed.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Translation:

"This legislation is so bad, we HAVE to pass it before everyone's had a chance to calm down and think rationally!"

If they're so damned excited by the prospect of appearing to actually DO something to earn their paychecks, why can't our right honourable legislators instead consider sponsoring a 7 or 30-day waiting/cooling off period on the gun-ban legislation itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom