• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Did you attempt to have a law enforcement agency send digital prints electronically? I ask because I am keeping a running record of non-resident permit regulations, and I'd like to know of any first-hand experiences.

There is a few post in this thread that specifically states the answer is NO. Not sure what answer you want too hear.

Called Florida 850.245.5691 and the answer is they currently don't take out-of-state scans. MUST be the card.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MD LE agencies don't have a transmission code or ID to send electronic prints OOS. Their scans go to the MD CJIS. No where else AFAIK.

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    A LiveScan, performed by a law enforcement agency, and then printed on a standard FBI fingerprint card will absolutely be accepted by Florida for the purposes of applying for a non-resident CCW.

Be sure to have the LiveScan operator sign the FBI card and provide their LEO agency contact info in the relevant fields on the card.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think the confusion is will FL accept an electronic submission of Livescan prints for a non resident permit.

The answer is NO

Cyndi59

Florida CCW renewal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for renewal.
    They sent me a packet with all the forms, including the fingerprint card.

Do I really have to send them my fingerprints again? This makes no sense.

I guess I'm just hoping its the same packet they send new liscensees?

Anyone renew their Florida CCW recently?

Hi Frank..like me..I'm finger printed every year,I too think it's stupid..but,they check to make sure no crimes was committed or your wanted by the S.P.C.A. for swatting a fly that landed on your arm..(the fly swatting was abit of humour..)the first was true and if you should lose a digit,they just want to make sure you are you..over the years (34) has been finger printed nearly 50 times.I'd rather be finger printed or tattooed than someone else claiming to be me by identity fraud..

Crisium

I have a title?
    Carroll County Sheriff office does card prints on a walk-in bases; only 5 bucks. I hope FL continues to take paper cards. I have no motivation to use a more expensive method (live scan) for the same result?

Cyndi59

I called yesterday to Florida Ag,license Department..will have my Fla. non-res on 12 January 2013..anyone think (though this is not the proper thread - that C4 is dragging their feet-already made their decission on 24 October or what's behind door number 3,about to revise their decission..??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom