• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Part of me wonders if it gets old that this one lady has to keep pointing out these problems. Coupled with the lack of anyone caring to make these changes. What shes doing is basically shaming MPD into doing its job. I still don't understand why they cant sit down and make these updates .

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I see this as a "**** you" from the DC government as a result of the gains we've been making. Like spoiled brats, the powers that be are petulantly refusing to correct the problems Ms Miller is pointing out, and won't do so until they're forced to do it.

I predict Maryland will go the same way. The state legislature and executive branches will balk and come up with new restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms until they are beaten bloody.

Walter

May 23, 2010
    She should just leave. So what if she has a gun now. If she ever uses it in self defense they'll lock her up and throw the key away forever. It is DC after all.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    I see this as a "**** you" from the DC government as a result of the gains we've been making. Like spoiled brats, the powers that be are petulantly refusing to correct the problems Ms Miller is pointing out, and won't do so until they're forced to do it.

I predict Maryland will go the same way. The state legislature and executive branches will balk and come up with new restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms until they are beaten bloody.

First paragraph I agree and even an understatement.

DC Gov't is just f*cked up....period! Unlike MD, DC has too many cooks stirring the pot including Congress. I do not think MD will go the exact route as DC. Too many 'dignitaries' and 'politicians' in DC.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I have read a few of her articles, and I am amazed at what DC gets away with, even now after being exposed by her. I one, she was given blatent information about transporting, and she went striaght to the guy that wrote the laws, to get it clear. She had names of who had given her bad info that had amounted to downright lies. I doubt anything was ever done. :sad20:

*EDIT I actually read the article linked above and it refers to the previous article that I spoke of.

MH

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    She is exactly the type of reporter we need writing these articles. She didn't start as a gun nut and she approaches it from a "the government shouldn't make these rediculous rules because they only impede law abiding citizens" angle.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    She should just leave. So what if she has a gun now. If she ever uses it in self defense they'll lock her up and throw the key away forever. It is DC after all.

Nah, that would be un-American, maybe even French. :rolleyes:

American's love a fight, and a fight for one of your most basic Rights is quite honorable. Once the anti gun laws are corrected, she can pursue those other unjust laws you are concerned about.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Lesson: Stay out of DC with your firearms. Period. Yes, I know about 18 U.S.C. 926A. And yes, I know that means foregoing the exercise of your rights. And yes, I know that means going all the way around and that can be a huge PITA. But, as she notes, who needs to spend a night in jail waiting for your lawyer to educate the D.C. Police on the law. You still have an arrest record. Ok, let the barrage begin.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Lesson: Stay out of DC with your firearms. Period. Yes, I know about 18 U.S.C. 926A. And yes, I know that means foregoing the exercise of your rights. And yes, I know that means going all the way around and that can be a huge PITA. But, as she notes, who needs to spend a night in jail waiting for your lawyer to educate the D.C. Police on the law. You still have an arrest record. Ok, let the barrage begin.

I'm not gonna launch a salvo at anyone here, especially not esq.

I'm going to re-state my personal thought process -- don't break the laws, but fight like hell to change them. That means not running away, and not giving yourself a record.

Look at the gun-cases out there: Doesn't it seem like the civil cases brought by SAF do a lot better than the criminal cases brought by joe-schmo?

I could be alive another 75 years -- that's a lot of fight.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm not gonna launch a salvo at anyone here, especially not esq.

I'm going to re-state my personal thought process -- don't break the laws, but fight like hell to change them. That means not running away, and not giving yourself a record.

Look at the gun-cases out there: Doesn't it seem like the civil cases brought by SAF do a lot better than the criminal cases brought by joe-schmo?

I could be alive another 75 years -- that's a lot of fight.

On that we are *fully* agreed. For those of us who are not D.C. residents, the best way to do that is through Congress, since Congress can control D.C. entirely at its whim and caprice. For non-residents, it would be hard to create a test case ala Heller or Woollard. And JMangle is completely correct: Getting caught and arrested is NOT a good way to create a test case, if there was any doubt on that. That is especially true for us old farts -- I am a lot older than JMangle and I don't want to spend any of my later years in a lockup in D.C. and anywhere else. The clientele at those places is, ah, well, let's just say that they are less than congenial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom