• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    So......

In another thread a few members mentioned they would be interested in getting a handgun with the mdshooters logo on it.

We would need to come up with a LOT of commitments to make it happen.

So let's discuss interest here.

I'm pretty sure whatever gun we choose (IF we can make this happen) will need to be a $400 to $500 handgun. There's plenty of decent choices in this price range.

I know everybody has a favorite, and there's Glock haters, Sig haters, 1911 haters...well there shouldn't be any 1911 haters, but I know how weird some of you are. :D

For most of us, these guns will likely be safe queens, so don't get yourself too worked up on the, "but XXX gun doesn't fit my hand" and other things like that.

Oh, and no .40 cal. I don't like 40's.

22, 38/357. 9mm and 45acp guns are our choices.

So post up your thoughts on this.

After a few days I'll go through and see if there's enough interest to move forward. I'll see what the most popular gun choices were and posts a poll with the top 3 to choose from.

Then we'll need to decide on the art work.

THEN we'll see if there's enough people satisfied with the final product to go forward with the group buy.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I'm in. I'm with you on caliber as well. As long as it isn't a firestorm I'm in.

Glock
    Sig CPO
    M&P

The one suggestion I have is perhaps we could do the slide plate covers for glock. It would be an easy mod if we can get the manufacturer to bite (Brownells sells 'em with the biohazard symbol, American Flag, punisher skull, etc.)

Just a thought.

Smith and Wesson may be able to laser etch the slides too. I haven't done any research just throwing it out there.

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    North Myrtle South Carolina
    I think it would be cool to do it on a 1911. Maybe a Parkerized GI model right there on the slide.... Or maybe the new Remington model. Either way, who can argue with a 1911?? Im probally in for which ever one we decide though.... Great idea!

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I think it would be cool to do it on a 1911. Maybe a Parkerized GI model right there on the slide.... Or maybe the new Remington model. Either way, who can argue with a 1911?? Im probally in for which ever one we decide though.... Great idea!

1911 is good. I'm happy with the cheapies. My armscor Rock Island works well :)

I really like the trigger on the legacy citadel models too.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I'm interested. A 1911 would be good. I'm just not a fan of Rock Islands. Maybe a Springfield or Remington 1911. A Gen4 Glock 9MM would be nice or a S&W M&P.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    My suggestion would be the M&P .22L that was released at the SHOT show this year. It will be a while for it to get to market and then onto the handgun roster. Probably be less than $400 and no one would have one in their collection yet.

-Russ

Attachments

• 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      13.4 KB · Views: 1,053

jeff7457

Apr 18, 2010
    I could use another 1911. Maybe the words MARYLAND SHOOTERS on the slide and the MD shooters shield on the grips.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom