• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter

May 23, 2010
    First of all thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

welcome!

if you've never held a gun, then there's a quick way to remedy that.

you're in PG same as me.

this weekend is the gun show at the showplace arena in upper marlboro. MD gun shows may not be the greatest but for someone like you whos never held a gun, its a great experience so much to see and fondle even if you dont buy anything.

plus if you havent already, you can join the NRA at teh door and get in free.

im gonna be up there probably tomorrow myself, i dont always find anything worthwhile but its close enough to where i live i almost always go, there are a lot of worse ways to spend a saturday afternoon than looking over and handling guns.

I was at the rally today so didn't get a chance to check out the gun show. Are they also doing it Sunday?

Welcome Walter ! There are people who are Gun Rights activists simply from political and philosophical beliefs, and that's fine . But firearms are also very interesting for the shooting, and collecting . And as several of our members can tell you, Handloading of ammunition can be a seperate hobby in itself.
    From the viewpoint of experienced enthusiests, we often denigrate the local gun shows compared to those out of state, but even the show in Upper Marlboro this weekend will give a good overview of what's out there to see up close, and even handle some of them ( always with explicet permission of vendor / exhibitor ) .
    Many of our members will be glad host you to a range session ( including me if work around my hectic schedule) . Also just about any basic level instruction class of any disicipline will include basic saftey and gun handling . Likewise even if you are not imeadately anticapating to go hunting, a Hunter Saftey class will teach gun saftey and basic gun handling, as well as introduction to wildlife, and outdoor sports generally.
    As sugguested above join the NRA, at least one other National level gun organization, and at least one State level organization.

Thanks for the offer! I'd be willing if you live nearby. And I am also looking into taking a hunter safety class. A member here has pm'd me info already and I hope to be signing up soon.

walter...where in pg you from? i'm from laurel, md. welcome.

I stay either in Greenbelt (with mom) or Hyattsville (with grandparents) depending on what I have to do.

Thanks again for the welcomes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom