• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I will be the first to admit I have no guilt about putting an aggressive or destructive dog down. If you don't want to lose your dog keep it in your yard or on a leash. Torture and mutilation is a whole different thing. The sheriffs dept here seemed to think something gang related when they found the lab all torn up. Small kids and livestock mean I don't want unknown animals with sharp teeth on my property. I have no idea why people must have animals, mostly dogs with no intention or plan for containing them. I have had multiple neighbors chase their dogs around my yard while I herd the kids in the house and try to keep the dog away from my livestock without shooting it.

:thumbsup:

Neighbor across the street lets his two more or less run wild at times. If I had a suppressor there would be none. Few weeks ago I was coming out the door in the morning, had an AR in the case to go shooting at lunch time. One of his comes around the corner barking, growling, showing teeth at me, on my turf. Mag in, rack and roll. Dumb*** across the street is sitting on his porch watching it all go down. When that bolt slammed forward I know he heard it, started hollering and called his dog over.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville

Neighbor across the street lets his two more or less run wild at times. If I had a suppressor there would be none. Few weeks ago I was coming out the door in the morning, had an AR in the case to go shooting at lunch time. One of his comes around the corner barking, growling, showing teeth at me, on my turf. Mag in, rack and roll. Dumb*** across the street is sitting on his porch watching it all go down. When that bolt slammed forward I know he heard it, started hollering and called his dog over.
    He'd be the first mfer to call the cops on you if it escalated. "Cinammon was such a good dog never hurt anybody" A couple years ago the eighbor was chasing his 2 dogs around my yard while stood by with a shotgun and his wife came over and suggested I "just shoot the stupid thing". Then they are fighting with each other, I not so politely had to tell them to take their s##t show out of here.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Law enforcement? Law enforcement ain’t gonna be able to fix a guy that does something like that. Men can fix a guy like that, and that’s what’s needing to happen. There’s only one fix for him, does that need to be s p e l l e d o u t too?

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    So when I walk my 4 yr old collie on a leash around the neighborhood, he’s pretty darn good (now), but he busted off his lead and began a rather spirited game of “keep away” about a year or so ago, early on a Sunday morning, around people’s houses, yards etc, for a good 10 minutes ( I actually tackled him in mid-hunch to drop a duece, knuckle headed dog!)
    Sounds like if I was in some of your folks neighborhoods, you’d have taken great joy in capping his @$$. Your joy would have been very VERY short lived.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    So when I walk my 4 yr old collie on a leash around the neighborhood, he’s pretty darn good (now), but he busted off his lead and began a rather spirited game of “keep away” about a year or so ago, early on a Sunday morning, around people’s houses, yards etc, for a good 10 minutes ( I actually tackled him in mid-hunch to drop a duece, knuckle headed dog!)
    Sounds like if I was in some of your folks neighborhoods, you’d have taken great joy in capping his @$$. Your joy would have been very VERY short lived.

Pets get away, it happens. The genuine accidents and non aggressive ones that come up with the tail wagging I could care less about.

The LOSERS out there who let their nasty *** shit run wild on a regular basis and shrug their shoulders as they watch it happen, take no responsibility for anything. That is my neighbor.

Which column do you fall into ???

One the episodes with a different neighbors pack of wolves. (they dont live here anymore) I called animal control and they blew it off. I informed them to have state/local come out for the reports of gunshots as I would be putting down all three of their 'pets'. 7 minutes later two cruisers show up, the pack of wolves greeted the two cruisers and they pepper sprayed them. Put one down and cussed out animal control to 'GTF out here NOW' to collect the other two.
    That crew moved out about 6 months later, never a peep from them about anything. Animal control called back 4 weeks later to inform me the other two 'pets' were put down. Aggressive and the owners made no attempt to claim them... wonder why ? :rolleyes:

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel

Dogs like that (with owners like that) tend to run away... Especially if they are allowed to run at night...

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Pets get away, it happens. The genuine accidents and non aggressive ones that come up with the tail wagging I could care less about.

The LOSERS out there who let their nasty *** shit run wild on a regular basis and shrug their shoulders as they watch it happen, take no responsibility for anything. That is my neighbor.

Which column do you fall into ???
    :rolleyes:

I'm the kind I sound like I am, but I expect you know that... :D

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I would take no joy in it at all and haven't had to shoot anything but a fox in 10 years living here. I will not help the neighbor catch his dogs that were growling and snarling at me through the kennel just a few days earlier. I understand it happens, fences get left open leash breaks what ever but if the only thing I know about an animal is that it is aggressive 100' away I'm not assuming it's nice when its running towards my family and animals. I have another neighbor who has sworn to correct the problem of his not aggressive dogs running loose and he just can't seem to contain the dogs. I built a fence to keep his dogs out of my yard because I have no desire to get into a bad situation where his dog is killing chickens and then I have to either let it keep killing chickens or kill it.

I have about 40 animals at any given time, ducks, chickens and goats. I haven't had an animal escape my property in 5 years. Last time I had to go get an animal from a neighbors yard was when we tried letting chickens free range inside a 4' fence. They got out of the fence 1 time and that's the end of that, back in the coop with a roof unless we are staying outside and directly watching them. That's what gets me, I can keep 40 animals contained for years on end, some people get 1 dog and can't contain it for 2 weeks.

HAMMERED

Jun 17, 2015
    Carroll Co md
    ******* perverts

I'd love to catch them, HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A PUP LOVER THAT I AM, AND IM SURE THERE ARE MANY LIKE ME, AND YES, their pix wouldn't look so pretty, when found in the deep woods of No PA......

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    I'm the Dog Whisperer. Leave pets alone as dogs can sniff a human @$$hole a mile away. If they dump in your yard then want you to move away.

Whomever put pics up on FB....that's whom I'd start my investigation with asap.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Teeth removed is 99% a fight dog, either a breeder or a trainer. I've only known one dog that had them removed for a medical reason. Its usefulness was probably up. The other dog probably lost a fight.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Yep. Lotta hot-headed ****tards around here. Gonna learn the hard way one day when they run into another guy with a similarly rash disposition.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

Are you really that out of touch with reality? Do you really think most people here can't tell the difference between a dog running around in joy as its owner is trying to chase it vs an aggressive dog actively going after people?

FFS....

Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    I hope they catch whoever did it and Hang them. I can't stand animal abuse. They need to be beat with a baseball bat then hanged.

I am a dog guy who has a soft spot for neglected/abused "bully breeds". I fully understand dispatching an aggressive dog that is a threat to family or livestock.
    The above being said, my downfall may very well be stumbling across a dog fighting ring or witnessing someone torturing a dog. I'm a spiteful sonofabitch and yes, I'm willing to do the time.

Feb 28, 2013

Well then Learn to keep fido restrained and you wont have no trouble :cool:

Feb 28, 2013
    He'd be the first mfer to call the cops on you if it escalated. "Cinammon was such a good dog never hurt anybody" A couple years ago the eighbor was chasing his 2 dogs around my yard while stood by with a shotgun and his wife came over and suggested I "just shoot the stupid thing". Then they are fighting with each other, I not so politely had to tell them to take their s##t show out of here.

OPs story will go ignored, but God forbid somebody shoot some idiot’s “poor defenseless” mutt in self defense. Then its “STRING EM UP!! My doggy dindunuffin!!” :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom