• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Hello all,

Just wanted to share a personal experience with one of my BX 25 mags that wasn't feeding well. Apparently there are "good" and "bad" ones, and I have that exact scenario. I have two that I purchased a few years back. One has always fed reliably, the other, not so much. After getting sick of FTFs and stove pipes, I decided to do some research. I came across this YouTube video, and decided to give it a try. All you need is a dremmel tool, *or* if you have 22 shorts, that will work as well. I took the modified mag to AGC just this morning, and did a rapid fire mag dump without any of my previous issues. Even used crappy Remington Goldens as an ultimate test. I am hoping others in my situation will find this useful.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    Wow, thanks! I've had this exact problem. I have found that a thorough cleaning works too, but this method looks like it is much less time consuming.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I don't use the BX25 to much but will keep this in mind next time. Also the tighter the mag fits the receiver the better they seem to work.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Added to my list of ToDo’s. Now to find a fix for my Butler Creek mags.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

My solution? Throw them away. I had one, POS it was..... They are sealed so you cannot do squat with them. Shame but they didn't run worth a crap.

DSC729

Aug 18, 2012
    Mo County
    Mine seem to fit tight in the receiver and feed perfectly by charging but haven’t had a chance to fire the gun yet.. Awesome fix if your having issues!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom