• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I have a Taurus 856 which is the 6 shot version of the Taurus 85. In the past I've had a few light primer strikes but it completely failed this week. The trigger got locked up when I was shooting it and the hammer appeared to be jammed. I figured out that the transfer bar broke and fell down in the trigger mechanism. I was able to shake out the broken part but now I have a non firing gun without the transfer bar.

Does anyone have any experience with a warranty repair from Taurus? I don't have a lot of confidence in this gun anymore. I saw that it has been discontinued so I'm curious if there was a problem with the design.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This thread should be a sticky. To warn other members about the pitfalls of Taurus trash.

They made great firearms fifteen years ago. Not no mo.

I have an old M85 in high polish finish with a ported barrel. Fantastic and accurate revolver.

Too bad Taurus can't be trusted to build a reliable firearm now.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I haven't called them yet. Their website says to fill out a work order form for warranty. I'll try to give them a call this afternoon.

My dad has a 25 year old 85 revolver that has been a great little gun. It's actually what made me want to get the 856. This was a few years ago before I realized how bad Taurus has gotten. This will be my last Tuarus unless something drastic changes.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I haven't called them yet. Their website says to fill out a work order form for warranty. I'll try to give them a call this afternoon.

My dad has a 25 year old 85 revolver that has been a great little gun. It's actually what made me want to get the 856. This was a few years ago before I realized how bad Taurus has gotten. This will be my last Tuarus unless something drastic changes.

A few years ago I bought a Taurus in .454 Casull.

It was the biggest POS handgun I ever saw.

Major mechanical problems.

After they inspected it, there were so many things wrong with it that Taurus refunded every penny I spent on it.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    A few years ago I bought a Taurus in .454 Casull.

It was the biggest POS handgun I ever saw.

Major mechanical problems.

After they inspected it, there were so many things wrong with it that Taurus refunded every penny I spent on it.

I'm actually hoping something like this happens and I can just get rid of it for what I paid. I hate to sell it to someone else even at a loss.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm actually hoping something like this happens and I can just get rid of it for what I paid. I hate to sell it to someone else even at a loss.

If it's a new firearm, tell them you want your money back.

If it's an older gun, you may have a problem with a refund. They'll cite wear and tear that you put on the gun.

Let them fix it. Then use it as a range gun. Not unhealthy if the gun sh!ts the bed while you're killing paper.

Just never trust your life to it.

PS: Good on you for having a conscience.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The problem with Taraus is they rush new designs/ materials into production before they are ready, and discontinue them by the time they start to work the bugs out.

Clandestine at one point was giving good marks to their 1911's. The M92 family is good to go. The K frame analogues, and the steel frame M85's are a bit rougher than the S&W counterparts, but usually functional.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The problem with Taraus is they rush new designs/ materials into production before they are ready, and discontinue them by the time they start to work the bugs out.

Clandestine at one point was giving good marks to their 1911's. The M92 family is good to go. The K frame analogues, and the steel frame M85's are a bit rougher than the S&W counterparts, but usually functional.

I have one of their berettas, it will eat pretty much anything and if all else fails it can be thrown and cause a pretty bad concussion if not death.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have an 856.

Bought super cheap and still overpaid.

It works now...but was sent to Taurus for improperly installed barrel, canting front sight.
    Got it back and it started having timing problems.
    Got it back, shot maybe another 75 rounds.
    Sits in safe.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They do have a lifetime warranty.

And it felt like lifetime to get them to take it, fix it and get it back to me.

Do you still have that handgun or did you sell it? With that type of time for warranty work, I thought you'd sell it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Still have the revolver.

I may sell it. Honestly I was just putting the thing out of sight and mind.

The gun spent probably 3 to 4 MONTHS total out of my possession being fixed.

If I had HQL I might sell it to fund something designed and built by functioning adults.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have a Taurus 856 which is the 6 shot version of the Taurus 85. In the past I've had a few light primer strikes but it completely failed this week. The trigger got locked up when I was shooting it and the hammer appeared to be jammed. I figured out that the transfer bar broke and fell down in the trigger mechanism. I was able to shake out the broken part but now I have a non firing gun without the transfer bar.

Does anyone have any experience with a warranty repair from Taurus? I don't have a lot of confidence in this gun anymore. I saw that it has been discontinued so I'm curious if there was a problem with the design.

I jumped on Numrich real quick and the closest gun I could find listed was a model 85 and were sold out of transfer bars.

There was an 85 listed on ebay for parts. Maybe more than you would want to spend though and I don't know if an 85 internals would work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom