Anyone know anything about Protech Impac RT plates?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I've been debating back and forth for sometime (even before the recent LEO ambushes) about purchasing additional body armor for use at work. I know a few people throughout my department that have purchased external carriers with rifle plates that they keep in their car, with the intent to throw it on if responding to an active shooter. Our department, generally, does not allow uniformed personnel to wear exterior, hard armor (nor would I want to wear it 8 hours/day). Of course, in an active shooter/ambush situation, I doubt they'd care too much.

My sticking point with the exterior carrier is that while I can stop and throw it on for dispatched calls, it almost does me no good if I'm the subject of an ambush, and it's sitting in my passenger seat. So, I've found these special threat plates that allegedly fit our department's issued soft armor carrier. They would take the place of the issued trauma pads, in front and rear. I'm leaning towards the 7x9 size. Each plate is 4.1lbs. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other thoughts on the armor situation?

https://www.safariland.com/products...--rifle-threat-plus-PT_IMPAC_RT+PLUS_STP.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom