• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The great thing about concealed carry is that you're the only one that knows you are prepared for your defense.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Why not make MDA more productive? How about someone carry their guns in a massage parlor, drug infested neighborhood or street corners filled with pimps and hookers.

Tired of these Moms.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I can understand the apprehension of people seeing guys walking in with scary black guns. People like to compare it with open carrying a pistol. But to me it is like brandishing a pistol.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They are getting a lot of wins lately.

Their side is pushing for restrictions on where and how people will be able to carry, along with dismantling the reciprocity network. It looks like Pa worked for them, so I'd keep a lookout around the country to the attorney general elections(since the pro-2a tactic recently has hinged on litigation). MDA seems to be the organization they use as the loud voices to test our fence for weaknesses. Right now they're doing the judo thing of pushing us with intensifying pressure, then stepping out of the way and allowing us to fall flat on our faces. If MDA gets a couple more big-names to send out the "pretty please don't bring the gun stuff into our stores, just let us sell our things to people" letters, it will be easier for the attorney general folks to work in their states to pass restrictions on locations.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The great thing about concealed carry is that you're the only one that knows you are prepared for your defense.

That's what I say. Also, by CCing there's no controversy. OCing especially w/long rifles and in large groups pushes these places into a box, and we know which way they'll go (gunbuster signs at entrances). And no, I'm not anti-OC but trying to make it a spectacle inside private establishments isn't helping.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Their side is pushing for restrictions on where and how people will be able to carry, along with dismantling the reciprocity network. It looks like Pa worked for them, so I'd keep a lookout around the country to the attorney general elections(since the pro-2a tactic recently has hinged on litigation). MDA seems to be the organization they use as the loud voices to test our fence for weaknesses. Right now they're doing the judo thing of pushing us with intensifying pressure, then stepping out of the way and allowing us to fall flat on our faces. If MDA gets a couple more big-names to send out the "pretty please don't bring the gun stuff into our stores, just let us sell our things to people" letters, it will be easier for the attorney general folks to work in their states to pass restrictions on locations.

MDA can show them some pictures of the douchebags with their ARs and AKs and say "do you want that in your store?". Nope. No retail establishment wants to alienate the vast majority of their revenue stream by welcoming/defending people who look like they are ready for combat. Until our entire community understands what makes people tick, we will continue to lose.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Target currently allows. Its when these extremes get in the news that everyone panics (most gun laws are made when panic ensues).

Attachments

• th-52.jpeg
      th-52.jpeg
      10.1 KB · Views: 825
    • th-36.jpeg
      th-36.jpeg
      7.5 KB · Views: 818

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    MDA can show them some pictures of the douchebags with their ARs and AKs and say "do you want that in your store?". Nope. No retail establishment wants to alienate the vast majority of their revenue stream by welcoming/defending people who look like they are ready for combat. Until our entire community understands what makes people tick, we will continue to lose.

MDA also subject from expulsion from retail stores for their actions.

Moms Demand Action kicked out of Chipolte - Oklahoma Open Carry Association stays and gets free drinks (I assume nonalcoholic).

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/tu...rude-behavior/

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    We keep losing because we look ridiculous. Some idiots marching into businesses looking like vagabonds carrying ARs, AKs and other "scary" rifles just brings out the worst opinions. They really need to switch it up. Put on your sunday best, leave the black rifles at home and start carrying classic long guns. Get out Grandpa's old leather slung bolt gun or shotgun. It would be almost impossible for the MDA to demonize a guy wearing a suit or nice clothes carrying an old hunting rifle. Nothing about him (or her) looks scary. It is really that simple, until we quit the shock and awe campaign we won't get anywhere. MDA and other organizations will just keep beating us over the head over, and over again until we lose or give up.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    The harder they push, the harder we need to push back. Biggest problem we have is for way too long we have tried to "Be Nice" and "Play Nice". What would happen if any biz that caves to MDA, had a bunch of boycotters out front, with signs in their hands and rifles on their back. Of course the rifles would have to stay on the back and boycotters would need to be visible, but not impeding or threating in anyway the customers going in and out. Maybe have someone unarmed passing out flyers to any that want them, without being pushy. Also no chanting.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    But Maryland says that open carring rifles is reasonable...that is why no CCW permits are issued. Maybe CCW justification needs to be reevaluated in light of these examples.

Mr H

Banana'd
    We keep losing because we look ridiculous. Some idiots marching into businesses looking like vagabonds carrying ARs, AKs and other "scary" rifles just brings out the worst opinions. They really need to switch it up. Put on your sunday best, leave the black rifles at home and start carrying classic long guns. Get out Grandpa's old leather slung bolt gun or shotgun. It would be almost impossible for the MDA to demonize a guy wearing a suit or nice clothes carrying an old hunting rifle. Nothing about him (or her) looks scary. It is really that simple, until we quit the shock and awe campaign we won't get anywhere. MDA and other organizations will just keep beating us over the head over, and over again until we lose or give up.

You, Sir, "get it"

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Rainbow Push with a twist ?

MDA is using Jesse Jackson's tactics.

If a business refuses to go along with them, are they threatening to protest outside with placards saying 'Unsafe shopping environment for Women and Children' ?

When will the corporate world realize a shakedown is taking place ? One that is couched is touchy-feely, emotionally compelling terms, but a shakedown none-the-less. Given recent example of a do-nothing gun-ban policy with unintended consequences at Jack-in-the-Box, you would think that they would embrace law-abiding citizens exercising their 2A rights. Will Chilli's and Sonic be next ?

What would happen if Target, or any other 'targetted' retailer would "Just say NO !!!" to MDA ? I'd BET that MDA would organize a boycott and a media blitz, funded by Bloomberg of course.

Shannon Watts has probably read this book from cover to cover ... TWICE, and marked salient passages for reference.

Attachments

• Globe_Shakedown.jpg
      Globe_Shakedown.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 735
    • timmerman-kenneth-r-shakedown.jpg
      timmerman-kenneth-r-shakedown.jpg
      8 KB · Views: 745

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    They are getting a lot of wins lately.

No we are losing. There is a difference. Who do you think spends all the money? MOM types. So what do we do? Do we talk to the management and say look we really are not scary hairy apes? No we at like scary apes. Perfect.

We deserve to lose this one. Any effort to salvage it is a waste of resources --

If any OC rally is to be effect in a "target" it must be all women -- even better all moms.

I put odds it will be the exact opposite. Normally I would hold out some hope that the OC movement would learn and adapt , but not any more.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Worse than that. Any attempt to counter it puts us in the position of supporting irresponsible behavior.. CC is now at risk thanks to these A-holes.

I don't even want to say what my worst fear is. If it happens there will be no court that will touch Shall Issue. The douchebags who have not done a damn thing for 2a will kill our movement in its tracks.

No way to stop it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    But Maryland says that open carring rifles is reasonable...that is why no CCW permits are issued. Maybe CCW justification needs to be reevaluated in light of these examples.

This is not true. They said it was legal. The court ignored them and said a ban on CC was still acceptable for public safety. They could ban LGOC tomorrow and it would not change the outcome of the case.

We are fighting stupid and are going to pay a very heavy price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom