• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    So, I was expecting a delivery from CMP today for 200 rds of HXP, en blocs and a sling for my Garand.

I was in my basement doing laundry when I thought I heard a truck outside. I go running up stairs and see a FedEx truck drive away (This is not good. As many of you know, CMP now requires an adult signature for ammo). I open my door and find a thin cardboard box (which probably had a book inside). I take a look at the address, and the driver was totally on the wrong street. I immediately recognized the address as being the apartment complex across the street.

Next, I called FedEx to confirm the shipping address for my tracking number and the guy on the phone confirms the address and the fact that it's still in transit. I decided to wait a little bit to see if the status on my package changed. After about a half hour, it still hadn't changed, so I decide to go to the address for the package that was incorrectly delivered to me.

As I'm climbing the steps to of the apartment building, I see a package sitting against the door of the apartment of the package that I had. I bend down to look at it the package, and sure as shit, it's my name and address. Obviously, no adult signature had been obtained. :mad54::mad54::mad54: I just switched the packages and rolled out.

I called FedEx to complain. Apparently the shipping center for my area was closed, so a supervisor will allegedly be calling me tomorrow. Not that I'm looking to get anything out of it, but this is some shit!

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Holy crap dude, I live in Abingdon too and just closed a case with FedEx after 2 months! I've had THE worst luck on numerous occasions with them and always request items to be sent either USPS or UPS from sellers. Their customer service was not helpful at all and could never give me any updates.

It was a package that needed a signature (worth over $1k of firearm parts). I was out of state the day it was supposed to be delivered, watched the tracking get updated with a signature on delivery and thought who the hell signed for it? Got home the next day and there was nothing there. The signature was some chicken scratch and after waiting for 2 months I finally got my money back. Thankfully the seller (JoeBob) was on top of it and saw it to the end.:thumbsup:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Fedex is all franchise minus the next day air type stuff. A guy buys a route , a driver, and a truck. They can be sketchy.

Go UPS

Sent from Free America

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I'll add to that....I've had alot of delivery problems with FedEx in recent years--non-deliveries when tracking says "Delivered", deliveries marked as "no one home" when I was there the entire day (in the vicinity of my door) waiting for the delivery, deliveries requiring signature delivered to incorrect address, generally incorrect tracking, yada, yada, yada. Unfortunately, my Garand's en route, so I'll be crossing my fingers.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Yep I feel your pain, I have had several absolutely horrible experiences with them...I avoid using them if at all possible.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I can totally buy some mix up while loading the truck, since my package was at the other guy's address, but damn! Can the driver not be bothered to even look at the shipping label?

Wrong street, non similar names
    Wrong numerics for the address, 4 numbers right above my door, 3 on the package, the two sets aren't even close to be confused for the same
    My house clearly isn't an apartment, and how in the world he knew to drop my package at a specific apartment, when no apartment is listed
    Clearly states "Adult Signature" at the bottom of my address label

:mad54:

I've never had a problem with UPS and I will continue to use/request them.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    For what it's worth, I also sent an email to CMP to let them know about this.

I do remember reading on their forum that the reason they went to adult sigs for ammo is because there was a high number of "complaints" about not receiving their package.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    This is why I ALWAYS have my UPS or FedEx packages held at a local office now so that I may pick it up in person. I had an ammo package left at a neighbor's house. The person was at least kind enough to call the number on the package to let me know it was mistakenly delivered to his address. It may take a day or two longer for me to get the package, but it is worth it. It is free and when you sign up at UPS or FedEx you will get phone or email alerts whenever something is sent to the address of record.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I was flashing back to that thread from a month or so ago from that guy that had several AR uppers delivered to the wrong address and it turned into a huge cluster****.

I totally anticipated Harford Co Sheriff's or MSP waiting for me to show up or something

Dar

Feb 2, 2014
    I had really bad luck with them last week.

They claimed they tried to deliver a package while i was home and did not knock or leave a note. It only got worse after that.

I did learn that their drivers are nothing more than contractors which is why they can never be contacted by customer service.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    FedEx ground drivers are contractors. FedEx express drivers are actual FedEx employees. I have friends on both sides and from the sounds of it it's almost like night and day as far as a work experience.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    How about that USPS priority shipping? They have flat rate box in several sizes, I've had packages delivered in the small box and they ussually get it there 2-3 days.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Yep I feel your pain, I have had several absolutely horrible experiences with them...I avoid using them if at all possible.

And they just struck again for me. Rifle coming from a shop in CT and to my dismay they used FedEx. I knew I would miss the delivery so when it was shipped Monday I went online and requested a hold at one of their offices in college park. Original delivery estimate was Wednesday. On Tuesday the delivery estimate was mysteriously bumped to today (Thurs) without explanation. Well I leave work early today expecting to be able to pick up the package and nope....delivery now scheduled tomorrow. Tracking showed a "delivery exception" even though the package has been at the Beltsville location since 7am today. So apparently it takes a whole extra day to get a box from Beltsville to college Park. I hate them so much.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    We can't let this stuff slide. We also don't want to say hey, you left my ammo/gun/bedroom toys with the wrong house!

Today my dad got a priority mail pkg for an "item" he had been waiting for. The guy did not even ring the buzzer to his condo, he just left it downstairs in the lobby area. It was a signature tracking Priority mail package!
    He's going to call them and complain, but not tell them what it was.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I remember several years ago, I ordered some cigars online, and they were shipped with DHL.

I didn't trust my neighbors, so I had 'em shipped to my mom's house. She leaves me a voice mail stating that there's a vm for me on her answering machine. Turns out it's a lady three miles down the road, who saw my package fall off the truck, picked it up, tried to flag down the driver to no avail, and then looked up my mom's address and called her up.

I called her back, went over, thanked her very much, and took my package home.

I happen to know the owner of the local DHL contractor, so I relayed this to him... his response: "Well, you got your package, didn't you?"

SMH.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom