• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I'll be in for a 1911 if the dealer will ship to my eastern shore connection and finances are okay at time of buy.

Mr H

Banana'd
    MD Shooters deserve a real caliber.

The 1911, as stated, is 100 this year.

Lots of aftermarket gear to compliment it and make it your own.

A special batch of serial numbers starting with MDSxxxxx would be cool.

Maryland Shooters on the slide and a MDS logo on the grips will be the bee's knees and would make home invaders run screaming like little girls.

NOW yer talkin!!!

Seriously, I would be in for 2 consecutively numbered, if we go 1911...

If M&P .22, I'm still thinking

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Well...I'm in no hurry to make this happen. I'm trying to give everyone due time to speak up, but I'd say it looks like the RIA Tactical 1911 is probably the way we're leaning right now depending on price...

...I'd say this is going to be a 3 month ordeal from now until anyone sees a gun.

And we'll still need to work out payment arrangements and paperwork. :rolleyes:

I'm in if its close to the internets prices I found ($500ish) and maybe another $50-$75 for engraving?? It gives me a good excuse to finally get a 1911 :thumbsup:

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'm in if its close to the internets prices I found ($500ish) and maybe another $50-$75 for engraving?? It gives me a good excuse to finally get a 1911 :thumbsup:

Agreed! I've already laid the foundation with the mistress of the checkbook. "This is the centennial year of an iconic gun,..."

Very interested to see what devalops.

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    A wheel gun would be cool. Any fairly priced ones out there? I've never actually looked at them before.

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    I'd say it looks like the RIA Tactical 1911 is probably the way we're leaning right now depending on price.

What are the odds we might be able to have the option of a couple of different models? Say maybe the RIA tactical and the RIA compact tactical.

I would think we should still be able to get package deal pricing this way and they would all match up just different sizes. I would be interested in a compact but not so much in another fullsize right now.

mrfreeze

Shooter
    Oct 17, 2010
    Crofton
    Apears the concenses is leaning towards the 1911 ( which I'm down ) Now it comes down to which manufactor would give us the best deal and would be willing to do this for us. Though I do have 1 question, how would the purchasing take place along with the transfer?

Mr H

Banana'd
    What are the odds we might be able to have the option of a couple of different models? Say maybe the RIA tactical and the RIA compact tactical.

I managed to put my mitts on one at the York show today.

Felt nice, and I have to say that I never even felt the safety paddle in my hand. That's been a big focal point for me while checking out 1911s. Probably minor, I know, but it's one less thing to have on your mind.

I like your idea. It covers (pardon the pun) the long AND the short of it.

:outta her

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom