• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I was trading some stuff with another collector. (trading one pile for another and ended up with a Turkish Mauser marked Ankara 1936; a Persian Mauser with the royal crown emblem; an 1891 Mauser Mannlicher stock carbine; and a 1942 Carcano rifle. All appear to be in good overall condition. The actions are all a little tight, and the bores are dark. The bolts just need to be degreased and cleaned. As far as the bores go, I believe they may only be full of dust and dirt (hopefully). Are there any suggestions as how best to clean them. The outsides appear dry and are not rusty, but all the bores are dark.

mauser2.jpg

mausers1.jpg

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Are you planning on shooting the Persian? If so can we get a range report?

Nice adds to your collection

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My Turkish Mauser had a frosty bore when I got it and I just cleaned it well, nothing special. It shot really good though. Much like a surplus Mosin. Sharp rifling.

Shame on that Persian Mauser being all scuffed/scratched up. Those actions are typically really smooth and machined well.
    On the side written in the native language (persian or what ever) is something like "Manufactured in Brno" and the year.

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    More 1891 Argentine Carbine

Bertfish wanted to see more Mannlicher, well here it is. I am a bit confused. It does not look like any of the 1891 carbine pictures. It is DWM so it is 1896 or newer. It has the longer distant elevation sight instead of the shorter carbine sight. There is no upper hand guard like the later carbines;but the front barrel stock cap is not the earlier Lowe cap or later engineer cap. The receiver, barrel, and magazine are matching D---- s/n; the bolt is straight s/b a bent bolt and the s/n is W----.

Attachments

• 1891-1.jpg
      1891-1.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 126
    • 1891-2.jpg
      1891-2.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 145
    • 1891-3.jpg
      1891-3.jpg
      115.7 KB · Views: 136
    • 1891-4.jpg
      1891-4.jpg
      135.6 KB · Views: 135

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Makes me miss my old Swede Mauser I had to sell 20 years ago for the money. Now that money is not the issue it was, I can't wait to buy another one. Bet I'll pay more than I did 2 decades ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom