• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...nst-private-school-teachers-with-vaccinations

The TL;DR of it is that the Montgomery County health department attempted to discriminate against private schools and independent educators by refusing to allow them to join the vaccination pool they had created for educators by restricting it to MCPS employees and contractors only. Essentially they were bookmarking vaccines for their own people, who aren't actually in school and of whom it is reported that nearly 1/4-1/3 will refuse to return to the classroom even after vaccination. Meanwhile, independent schools in the county have been the only source AT ALL of in-person instruction for the entirety of this school year. Montgomery County's response to independent schools seeking to join the vaccination pool was essentially "go fark yourselves and find your own."

Luckily, Hogan stepped in and told MoCo and anyone helping them to distribute the vaccines (eg. John's Hopkins) that they would have their allotments curtailed by the state if they continued to discriminate and practice this sort of graft. I know not everyone likes the guy here, but he's been putting the screws to Monkey County on some pretty important issues here so I give him kudos for that.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Seems as though the libs are getting more bold since the scam election.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    Infuriating - and not the first time they have tried shenanigans towards private (read = RELIGIOUS) schools during the pandemic. Glad people are waking up, but there’s a lot of work to do.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    The people Larry depends on to fill his coffers all have children attending - or family who work at - the schools in question. I am reasonably sure that is the ONLY reason ANY of this whole (or any other related) situation(s) ever even came to his attention ...

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    If he doesn’t fix these things ADF and/or Beckett will sue and win (it’s unconstitutional) and get publicity doing so. His future in politics would take a hit.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Hogan is about as right leaning as we can possibly get for our state. I would vote for him again, but nationally... no.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Man, if you thought the previous shenanigans were bad - and they were - check this out:
    https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/0...rioritize-covid-19-vaccine-doses-by-zip-code/

White and Asian people were too good at signing up for vaccines, so now it's time to shunt them to the end of the line. Why doesn't the county just friggin' do some vaccine registration drives in these areas?

****It's about equity, not equality. There *are* vaccine registration drives in areas of less affluence, through the internet, and at various supermarkets, and other venues. Many people in these areas kind of expect others to take care of the details for them - that would be the government in many cases.

People that are self motivated and driven take advantage of opportunities presented to them - educational, professional, financial, etc... There are plenty of people who do not, and have somewhat of an inclination towards making not the best life choices - including that of their health...

Having grown up in some less than stellar zip codes, I knew I didn't want to remain there and did something pro active about it versus waiting on someone or something to take care of me. I would bet most people in crummy neighborhoods would rather not live in those neighborhoods...because they are crummy neighborhoods.

Marc Elrich of MoCo feels he knows better than you as to what is best for you and your family. He can spend your money better than you, and hopes he can have more of it to give to the less fortunate, who want what you have but haven't been able to get there because the system/schools/politicians/police are holding them back. There is hardly ever any mention of personal responsibility in any of this.

I bet after all of this, Marc Elrich will still be re-elected with overwhelming majorities over anyone even remotely less crazy than he is. It's amusing to me at this point listening to my neighbors kvetch about how difficult getting vaccinated is in this county.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Man, if you thought the previous shenanigans were bad - and they were - check this out:
    https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/0...rioritize-covid-19-vaccine-doses-by-zip-code/

White and Asian people were too good at signing up for vaccines, so now it's time to shunt them to the end of the line. Why doesn't the county just friggin' do some vaccine registration drives in these areas?

JFC. I’m glad my parents and grandmother are in a rural TN county with 25k residents. Not only have they gotten their first round already, they get round 2 on Friday. Meanwhile as healthy white male in my 40s in MoCo I can expect mine sometime in early 2023. My wife somehow thinks I’m crazy when I talk about this equity insanity having real world negative consequences.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So, looking at that map, why are there priority zip codes around areas where they have had fewer cases in the last three months than say that big dark-blue area up there in the Ag Reserve around Damascus? Hardly seems they're prioritizing "hardest hit" communities according to their own metrics.....

I swear to God, I can't wait to leave this damned county. There are days I wish that down-county and a lot of other areas would just slip into the Potomac and get washed on out to the bay (MDS members excluded by and large).

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well look at Frederick county. Hogan says category 1C but Queen Jan Gardner says “only categories 1A & B due to shortage” BUT they’re giving it to people working in Frederick county and not residents! Have been trying since Hogan went to category 1C being 67 with DVT in my leg.

Attachments

• 97956B98-1141-4A5C-AF2A-8F65170823F2.jpg
      97956B98-1141-4A5C-AF2A-8F65170823F2.jpg
      105 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads