• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I know magazines (except G19X) are supposed to fit across all Generations of G19s but I had read a few reviews of people having issues including having to change floor plates to get previous Gen mags to lock in on Gen 5 G19s. Has anyone here had a problem using a Gen 4 G19 magazine in a Gen 5 G19?

I have an "adequate" supply of Gen 4 standard capacity magazines and would like to stop at Andrews AFB today and order a G19 Gen 5 but I need to be assured my Gen 4 magazines will work 100% of the time before I buy.

I am aware of the ambi mag release compatibility with Gen 3 and earlier mags. I am right handed and have not switched the mag release.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Yes gen 4 will work in a factory gen 5. All gens will work in a gen 5 for right-hand magazine release.

The difference between them is a longer base plate that protrudes out the front further, and the follower is colored orange on the gen 5.

Dbar

MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I’ve never had issues using gen 4 mags in any Gen5. Only issue I’ve had was with regular gen 5 mags in a 19x since the base plates are longer than the other gens

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom