• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just an update about Monkey County switching over to a new system. I read on a different form that I am a member of, that on Montgomerys new system the TG's aka Talk Groups will be Totally different then what they are now. Almost all the radios have been reprogrammed and they are waiting until after Christmas/New Year before the change over to the new system. The fastest way to monitor the P2 system and get the new TG's will be using the SDR java software and a SDR Dongle. For those of you who use TrunkTracker, it will be useless in finding new TG since the software does not do Phase 2 at all, so it will be scan little by little or SDR until Radio Reference publishes the new TG. Of course we are also hoping that someone from the inside might publish the new TG as well.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Just an update about Monkey County switching over to a new system. I read on a different form that I am a member of, that on Montgomerys new system the TG's aka Talk Groups will be Totally different then what they are now. Almost all the radios have been reprogrammed and they are waiting until after Christmas/New Year before the change over to the new system. The fastest way to monitor the P2 system and get the new TG's will be using the SDR java software and a SDR Dongle. For those of you who use TrunkTracker, it will be useless in finding new TG since the software does not do Phase 2 at all, so it will be scan little by little or SDR until Radio Reference publishes the new TG. Of course we are also hoping that someone from the inside might publish the new TG as well.
    They are different. I have them in my scanner and I am sure RR will have them immediately after they switch over.

They are working as P25 phase 1 but it's not clear yet if they are going to be locked to phase 1 or be dynamic, meaning they will be phase 2 unless a phase 1 radio shows up.

More encryption than before but the main dispatches are still clear.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl