• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I choose not to worry about things that are extremely unlikely to happen. One early Saturday morning several years ago I was on my way to the range. Their was a Sheriff's Deputy parked right in front of my truck sitting in his car. I lugged all my junk out and threw some in the bed and laid my AR 15, in it's case, on the toolbox as I unlicked my door. The deputy got out of his car and came back to me and we had a nice conversation about places to shoot past 100 yards, 300 blackouts and how bored he was waiting for my neighbor to get home from working night shift. Not once did he ask to see the rifle, the serial number or receipt. I wasn't detained, tazed, shot or bludgeoned. My neighbor pulled up and we parted ways. That's what I expect to happen.

I don't own any 80% firearms, but all this talk of 80% and LEOs getting all uppity when they understand you have firearms in your vehicle.
    Has me wondering wondering if people take their 80% builds to the range?
    What happen in a traffic stop and they "Hold" your firearms at the station until you provide proof of ownership??

Just curious,
    for me I am sticking with my FFL bought firearms for now,, way to many gray areas.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but my lawyer answers those questions so I don't violate my 5th amendment rights and you don't violate my 4th amendment rights to be secure in my person and effects, what did you stop me for?"

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    "I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but my lawyer answers those questions so I don't violate my 5th amendment rights and you don't violate my 4th amendment rights to be secure in my person and effects, what did you stop me for?"

“See, officer. I’m looking out for you too!” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Having had this interaction more times that the next 5 people combined, for unknown reasons, my preferred response is, "Officer, you've got the wrong guy" in a king of bewildered tone. Also, If it seems a fairly savvy gentleman at my window, I may throw in a "I'm just a bottlecap"

“I’m just a bottle cap?” :shrug:

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Why would the police be looking at your properly stored firearms during a traffic stop? And why would they take them to verify ownership, WITHOUT probable cause?

I shake my head in disbelief every time this "scenario" comes up. You know why??? Because it really doesn't happen to legal gun owners doing legal things.

BGOS is alive and well in this state, and the STATE likes it that way.

What is BGOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom