• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    I built my first AR and it works. It is a flat top and the kit didn't come with a rear sight. What sights will work? This is my first AR and will be building a upgraded one if I like this one so please don't recomend any $200 or more sights. Basic will work fine for me and the boy to practice.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    IF you are not scoping it just get a A2 carry handle, one with NM sights will give you a finer picture (but require a finer front post as well).

If you are scoping it get a BUIS, either YMH, Troy etc. Magpul makes a poly low cost BUIS which is what is going on my DPMS LR308 since it is a back-up sight.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Damn and I was hoping AIM would get another shipment of them or I could pick one up at Chantilly.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Freakin A.R.M.S. thinks they can litigate away the competition. What a bunch of asshats.

The 40 & 40L were the only thing that had worth a shit anyway. I after the LaRue/17 lawsuit I swore never to buy another ARMS product. This just further reinforces that.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I have a rear sight available.
    I put it on eBay awhile back but it didn't sell, so I just kept it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300359652917&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

It originally came on my Colt M4 .22 OPS, but it's really no different than any other sight you'd find on the larger caliber AR's. It's actually made better than the Magpul MBUS sight I have on there now.

I'll let it go for $40 (shipped), if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom