• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    This was the first and last time I'll order from Bonefrog. I'm just debating about putting a review on the site to warn others about this ammunition to save them the same headache.

i'd make a specific comment to warn others of the issue, explain federal's response , and just say your mileage may vary so far as buying from bonefrog.

that makes it all transparent without you knowing why the ammo was like that, or whether or not it was it a result of something bonefrog may or may not have done wrong.

to warning of issues is something we all wish we'd be privy too before a known problem bites us in the bootay imho .

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Federal got back to me after reviewing the ammunition that i sent back. They said that it met all Federal and industry dimensional specifications and that the black residue is graphite lubricant from the factory.

I still don't understand why these rounds are so dirty and covered in this graphite while most others are not. I plan to just shoot a box or two of these and see how they do. I will probably buy a few more boxes from a different retailer to keep loaded in my defense gun though.

Attachments

• Federal HST Letter.pdf
      52.1 KB · Views: 146

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Federal got back to me after reviewing the ammunition that i sent back. They said that it met all Federal and industry dimensional specifications and that the black residue is graphite lubricant from the factory.

I still don't understand why these rounds are so dirty and covered in this graphite while most others are not. I plan to just shoot a box or two of these and see how they do. I will probably buy a few more boxes from a different retailer to keep loaded in my defense gun though.

I think the dishwasher ran out of detergent while the line worker was on a pee break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom