• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Does anyone have any experience with Marlin's (Remington's) customer service and warranty repair? I have a 4 year old XT-22 with severely canted sights that are off by atleast 20 degrees. I didn't mind it as much in the past but I want to upgrade the sights to tech-sights so I need the front post to line up with the top of the receiver. I assume they will fix this under the 5 year warranty of the rifle.

I plan to contact their customer service department in the next day or two and I'm curious as to what kind of experience to expect.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Wow, 20 degrees? Anyway, I purchased Marlin 795 within the last year that had a rear sight that wouldn't stay put in its dovetail. I asked the gun shop where I bought it to handle it, so I'm not sure exactly what went on with their wholesaler and/or Marlin's customer service. I was expecting a repair of some kind but they sent me a complete new rifle. It did take a few weeks though.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Your not alone with the canted sights
    It was some sore of factory issue that they ignored cause mine was off about 5-10 degrees. Got mine 4 years ago also
    It was my first rifle pitches in about 20 years so I was not paying attention. I had to drift the rear sight so much it looked crappy. Took it back and low and behold all the other sights they had were canted. I threw a scope on it and pulled the stock sights off.

By now they have had to have many customers call in about it.

Good luck

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I called Marlin and got a return authorization number. UPS should be picking up the rifle next week. Hopefully they fix it and don't hold on to it for too long.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    UPS picked up the rifle this week so we'll see what Marlin has to say about the sights. I handled a few new XT-22 rifles this past week that had canted sights so I'm not confident that Marlin has fixed their issues. It seems like their jigs or indexing tools are off if they're still having problems after several years.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Don't know about Marlin but I had rem 11-87 that I sent back 3 times. They never did fix it or make it right. I shoot a Beretta now - damn shame a company like Remington can't stand behind their products.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For a canted Remlin front sight, it's probably easier, less risk, and a lot less aggravation to have a local gunsmith fix it for you. Shouldn't cost much.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    For a canted Remlin front sight, it's probably easier, less risk, and a lot less aggravation to have a local gunsmith fix it for you. Shouldn't cost much.

I may go that route if Marlin doesn't fix the problem the first time. I'm sure John at Duffy's could re-drill and thread for the front sight but i'm not sure how much money I want to put into a $200 rifle. It does shoot straight so it might be worth it if it isn't too expensive.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I may go that route if Marlin doesn't fix the problem the first time. I'm sure John at Duffy's could re-drill and thread for the front sight but i'm not sure how much money I want to put into a $200 rifle. It does shoot straight so it might be worth it if it isn't too expensive.

I would not have a gunsmith work on it myself.
    Well, mines canted and I didn't send it back.
    First I put fire sights on it and shot it that way. For a while. Then I put a scope one it. Like you said . Not worth it to get it fixed. If they don't fix it you can ask for money back?
    I like mine. More accurate than my 10/22

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom