• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I thought I got lucky at Dicks. I bougt a bucket of bullets 1400 hollow point remmington gold.($70) Anyone every use this crap. all of the bullets are loose or crooked in the casings. Rated at 1400fps.

need some feedback

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I had some of there golden bullets that did that.

You could pull them out with your fingers.

They just sit in the case like a loose tooth.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I've shot it. It is sketchy, but it works most of the time. If you could buy every kind of .22 made at reasonable prices - I'd steer clear. But for plinking ammo during this ammo shortage - you did score big time.

Here is what you should expect - an occasional stove pipe or FTE because the charge is weak. If your gun is really ammo fussy and it is the kind of gun that really only functions reliably with CCI - you will be pretty unhappy using it. But if your gun cycles most .22 it will normally cycle this too. If you are shooting a revolver or bolt action - you will notice the occasional flier just from a weak powder charge, but that is pretty much it.

If it sucks for you, PM me - I'll buy the bucket off you. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one on here to make you that offer.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    For whatever reason, those golden hollow points like to catch on the feed ramp and jam in my Ruger Mark III Hunter. I send more time clearing jams and fiddling about with the mag, loader, and gun than I do shooting. I think the ones I bought have too much wax and that is gumming up the magazine causing the feeding issues - the cartridges stick together and the top one doesn't "pop up" and feed like it should.

Some of the bullets have been loose, but not so many as I would notice.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I bought a bucket at BassPro Arundel about 6 months ago for about $69. They are a bit flimsy and I've had some fall apart also. I had some problems early on with my Beretta Neos, but later acquired a Ruger SR22 that seems to like them. Also, my 10/22 will spit them out nicely most of the time.

Gokage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 29, 2014
    Central MD
    Golden bullets arent the most accurate or consistent but if you're just plinking, they are fine. If you want accuracy and consistency, stay away.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I have the same problem with GB, spins around in the brass but always goes boom. Not the worse accuracy wise. Dicks/Cabelas occasionally has M22 which I prefer for cheap shooting.

And POI seems about the same for M22 and GB so idk about the 1400 fps claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    I thought I got lucky at Dicks. I bougt a bucket of bullets 1400 hollow point remmington gold.($70) Anyone every use this crap. all of the bullets are loose or crooked in the casings. Rated at 1400fps.

need some feedback
    With GBs I have had repeated FTLs (as in one FTL every four rounds). When Dick's recently had their sale I bought M22s for exactly that reason. My 10/22 is fine with Bulk Federal, Winchester, CCI, etc. But the GBs absolutely will not feed through it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Remington Golden Bullets can be like that. I stopped shooting it for anything requiring 100% but the last box of 525 I opened is shooting extremely well safe a couple misfires. But the accuracy has very very good and feeding excellent...especially in my 1911 Ciener conversion. (scratches head).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom