82-year-old Veteran charged for shooting burglars who tried to break into his home

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    "Dicino pleaded not guilty to two counts of armed assault with intent to murder"

He's a Korean War Vet. If he wanted them dead, I'm sure they would be.

To be fair, he fired twice and hit both of them (one in the chest) despite the darkness, nerves, and the fact that they were moving. That's not half bad.

The only thing this vet should be guilty of is failure to use an adequate caliber.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    I side with the Vet, but don't shoot out your window at a robber wait for them to come in!

kharris

Aug 20, 2011
    Carroll County
    This is getting more ridiculous all time. My son just moved to MA for his residency (had not choice). And where he lives they give out CCW permits without much fuss. What good's the permit if you still can't defend yourself. IMHO if they came back, then the deserved to get shot. :mad54:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I emailed the reporter. I'll let you know what he says. I'm told by an attorney friend that if the Grand Jury refused to indict then the Court Clerk may not even get the case to publish.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    You guys are seeing this all wrong. They were homeless people, they used the rock because they didn't have a key to get in. The house is way too big for just this old man so they felt like hhe had room and some keepsakes that he should share with them. His fixed income is nothing like what they have to deal with so they were only trying to help him out with some companionship. It is Massachusetts after all, they don't like guns because people are all wonderful.

^sarcasm if you didn't already figure that out.it is a shame that you can't defend yourself when "you" feel that you are in harms way. But you have to wait for someone to do something that may ultimately put you in a position that you no longer have that opportunity and it costs you your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom