• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    markiitrr.png

Link wasn't really working for me.

Kinda looks like the boyds tacticool stock. They should offer one with the spiral fluting though, I like how those barrels look.

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Kinda looks like the boyds tacticool stock.

Apparently Boyds makes the stock for savage but it is a little different than the tacticool stock or so I was told.

I recently bought a TR at Dicks, they had it on sale and I couldn't pass it up. I have only shot it enough to get it sighted in and a couple of 5 shot strings but so far I'm very happy with the accuracy. 2A Sales seems to frequently stock the TR and the FV-SR with threaded barrels. I will probably pickup a FV-SR as well at some point from them especially since I felt kind of guilty buying the TR from Dicks instead of 2A.

Also see this link for a previous thread on them http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=40208

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Last year Gun Connection had them on sale and 2A Sales had some that had threaded barrels.

One from Gun Connection is in my safe.

Very nice shooter.

BTW, standard velocity .22LR ammo barely recoils in that rifle. Without a scope the gun weighs 7.5lbs. Add a scope and bipod and that rifle has some mass.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    A couple of us here have these. 2A sales got some in last year with threaded bbls. Mine does not have the threaded bbl.

I still haven't shot mine. I have a scope for it, but Bass Pro sold me the wrong rings :facepalm: I need high or maybe extra high... they sold me mediums. :|

Hopefully I can get some rings this week and get it sighted in this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom