• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Is it just me or can't you people down state just carrey the lock back to the store and get your money back. The place I buy most of my handguns will sell you the lock then once the gun is out the door he will buy it back for the same price.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Is it just me or can't you people down state just carrey the lock back to the store and get your money back. The place I buy most of my handguns will sell you the lock then once the gun is out the door he will buy it back for the same price.

Some shops are more understanding than others. Some shops have been hassled by The Man more than others. Rumor has it one shop even requires you to buy one at time of transfer, can't bring your own. It's their behinds in a sling if MSP or Gansler gets a woody for them, so can't blame them for covering themselves as much as they think they need to.

This thread exists for situations where the shop is not as accommodating as yours, whatever the reason.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Only because I can't really find any real examples. What exactly is an "approved" lock? I have the one that came with my gun 8 -9 years ago and is a cable lock that goes through the frame so the cylinder can't be closed. Is that "approved"?

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    SB211 from 2000 says:
    A DEALER MAY NOT SELL, OFFER FOR SALE, RENT, OR TRANSFER IN THE
    9 STATE ANY HANDGUN MANUFACTURED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2002 UNLESS
    10 THE HANDGUN IS SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, RENTED, OR TRANSFERRED WITH AN
    11 EXTERNAL SAFETY LOCK

Maybe I am wrong, but my understanding is that an external lock can be a trigger lock or a cable lock for a gun made before 2003. The integrated locks are required for guns manufactured after 12/31/2002 and they are either built into the gun or an approved bore lock like the omega lock.
    Am I hearing that dealers are requiring a bore lock for all pistols?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Have 2 odd locks here for loan; 41 mag and .223 Rem. Got the .223 for a 15" Encore pistol I bought a few years ago and have already loaned it to another forum member here for his AR pistol. The 41 probably isn't in much demand, but here if you need it.

Will loan either and ship anywhere in MD if needed. If shipping is involved, I'll ship it to you, you return it to me when you're done with money to cover my postage.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'll be needing a 9mm lock within a week or so.

3.5" barrel length

I live in Calvert County, work in Bowie, go to school in Arnold.

Thanks in advance!

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    I will need one for a .40 s&w. (Sig 2022) If anyone in southern Maryland (Charles, St Mary's preferably) Even southern PG would be okay (bought from a gunshop in Clinton).

Thanks.

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    Could a spread sheet be created and left as a living document sticky? It would be much easier to figure out who has what, and what area they could be picked up or shipped from.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Just a bump to say this works! :thumbsup:

Just completed a loan to another MDShooter. He needed a .22 lock, I mailed mine to him for $1.98 in postage. He bought the pistol without having to buy another lock. Then he mailed it back to me for another $1.98 in postage, and put a couple bucks in the padded envelope to cover my $2 (and a little unsolicited but generous extra!).

I'm expecting to see a pics and range report thread any day now. :D

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just found this because i need one.

I think i found the one i need it, but if anyone needs a 45acp bore lock please shoot me a PM. I live down in St Marys by the base.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I am in need of a .45 bore lock in Baltimore city area i do have a 9mm and a .40 i could lend to who ever lends me the .45. Pm me if you have one thanks.

Dimes

Frugal King
    Feb 16, 2012
    PG County, MD
    I have 2 9mm bore locks. Located in Prince Georges County. Upper Marlboro. (By the court house)

Willing to lend out when needed.

Picking up a .380 next friday. Looking to borrow a .380 bore lock. (Unless somebody can confirm that a 9mm lock can fit in the .380. )
    obviously i wouldn't use the 9mm lock in the .380 long term. just for pick up

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    I also have several cable locks that I am willing to give away.
    I know these are not approved. Somebody who wants one for after the fact is more of what I am thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom