• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    THAT's what I'm talkin about!!!! No more ticklin the Amal carbs with injection, I assume even they finally have electric start and NO frame oiling!? Beautiful scoot.... whats MSRP and are they negotiable? I don't care about speed anymore but I'm sure it's at least plenty adequate in and out of traffic.

The Limeys weren't exactly speed demons in the 70's but they still looked and handled MUCH better than any rice burner with exception to maybe a pocket rocket RD 350.

Did I mention that thing is beautiful?

Oil leaks.... thing of the past? :drool:

No oil leaks, my hands don't smell like gas, great brakes, with the counterbalanced crank my hands aren't numb from vibration, No Lucas electrics, electric start, your mirrors aren't just a silver blurr, wet sump so no oil bottle or oil in frame, handles like a dream

It has plenty of torque and I don't know what the top end is, I've only had it to 95 mph, I'm old and fat and that's plenty fast for me.

iirc msrp was $11,800 and I was out the door on the road for not much more than that.
    Talk to Richard at Fredericktown Yamaha/Triumph I'm sure he'll deal with you.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I'm in lust with the new 2017 Bonneville Bobber with apes, what a great looking bike, haven't bought a new bike in years but it might be time.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    They make double wides...

We ll I was prez of the hairy aholes!

maxresdefault.jpg

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I hope this is ok with the mods.
    There is a website named Triumph Talk that I post on, it's not super active but there's a lot of good Triumph info on it.

With my wife's passing in January, about the only thing I really enjoy anymore is riding that bike, shooting has been my main lifelong hobby is now secondary to the scooter.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    I hope this is ok with the mods.
    There is a website named Triumph Talk that I post on, it's not super active but there's a lot of good Triumph info on it.

With my wife's passing in January, about the only thing I really enjoy anymore is riding that bike, shooting has been my main lifelong hobby is now secondary to the scooter.

Bookmarked, thanks:thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Buddy of mine has 6-7 old bikes. 1 Harley, couple of BSA's, and a couple of Triumphs. Maintains and rides them all.
    1f47b6cb21027db74481f2367e9d0f2a.jpg
    af5af91c15549dd4d9a7c48ecf180005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Buddy of mine has 6-7 old bikes. 1 Harley, couple of BSA's, and a couple of Triumphs. Maintains and rides them all.

My hat is off to your buddy, it's a labour of love to maintain one old Brit. bike let alone a garage full. They look better than showroom condition too. I love the 441 Victor. Do you know if he brings any of them to British/European motorcycle day in Clarksburg?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Here is the bobber, they have a lot of options available for it.

Attachments

• triumph-bonneville-bobber-black-location-hero.jpg
      triumph-bonneville-bobber-black-location-hero.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 249

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

Wow. This is my dream garage. That Royal Enfield is a rare sight. He must be quite the mechanic to maintain all of those old bikes and keep them in riding condition.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My hat is off to your buddy, it's a labour of love to maintain one old Brit. bike let alone a garage full. They look better than showroom condition too. I love the 441 Victor. Do you know if he brings any of them to British/European motorcycle day in Clarksburg?

Not sure if he does or not, I could check. I know he will occasionally enter one into a show.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wow. This is my dream garage. That Royal Enfield is a rare sight. He must be quite the mechanic to maintain all of those old bikes and keep them in riding condition.

He's very meticulous which helps but this really is his passion. The Royal Enfield is actually the only modern bike. (Don't remember what year. It's electric/kick start and has been set up to mimic the old bike. That's the only one I've ridden other than his 1972 HD Sportster. The Enfield was cool but a bitch to ride. All of these bikes including the HD, have the shifter on the right which I'm somewhat used to. (I used to have a 1970 XLCH Sportster)
    The Enfield shift pattern is one up, three down. Had to constantly think of which gear I was in and what gear I wanted to be in next. Confusing as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom