• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Mil-spec mags work just fine too. Grabbed these for $10 each and have not had a malfunction.

Eta... Drop them hard on concrete during changes without issue as well

I have a stack of these as well. Have tested a few without issue. I typically use factory Colt mags but have had good luck with the few other brands I have as well.

The smoothest Mag I have came factory with my RIA GI Model. It’s an ACT magazine. Never had an issue with it and pushing the follower down is smooth as glass.

Clippers69

Mar 7, 2011
    1911 mags

I have always believed that you should stay with the same round count magazines that your gun came with or was designed for. I have a Colt 1911 that came with 7-round magazines and I purchased 7-round magazines. I was able to find them online for about $12 each and they were OEM 7-round Colt magazines! I found them at CDNN Sports. The mags haven't had any problems feeding or anything. On the other hand, I have a Smith 1911 Commander that uses 8-round mags and I was able to get factory ACT mags that they came with. They work great and weren't cheap. They were just hard to find.
    I agree that the CMPM and Wilson 47D are great magazines, but since I was able to buy Colt factory mags, I did. You have to make the decision yourself on what to buy and whether you want 7 or 8-round mags.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I exclusively run Tripp Research Cobra Mags. And I've seen them fix reliability issues more than once. I know chips and wilsons are good, I just havent bought any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom