• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've always believed these bills are vindictively crafted so gun owners will be forced to live in fear.

They can't take our guns, but they can make owning our guns excruciatingly painful.

If this bill is signed into law, all gun owners will immediately become paranoia cases that will be afraid to open their mouths for any reason.

It will literally be 1984. Living under the watchful eye of Big Brother. We will be forced into being complacent, unemotional, sacks of meat.

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    No time for due process.
    Everyone on this site and any other gun site is a right wing terrorist and a danger to others. Wait till we get a Hillary or Bernie in the White House. One more step down the road to disarmament.

Good thing they got the muh dental and muh pension brigade to enforce this and all the other unconstitutional BS.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    faxes and emails sent. no time for snail mail. light up the phones Monday!

also include Mike Miller in this effort obviously he has a lot of influence on moving this bill or not

Received an email yesterday from the NRA. This attempt by the MD lawmakers to push more gun grabbing legislation was the topic.

The email made it easy to contact all legislators, providing links and suggested verbage, to not vote for passage of the proposed bills.

DONE!!!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Last year I was shooting on private property and the cops showed up saying a bicyclist reported I was shooting at them.

So I guess my gun could be taken. Done deal. Anyone not liking you shooting on your own private property will have your firearms confiscated. Done deal.

Is this anonymous or does the person have to divulge their name to the person whom they claim is scaring them when the complaint is filed?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Last year I was shooting on private property and the cops showed up saying a bicyclist reported I was shooting at them.

So I guess my gun could be taken. Done deal. Anyone not liking you shooting on your own private property will have your firearms confiscated. Done deal.

Is this anonymous or does the person have to divulge their name to the person whom they claim is scaring them when the complaint is filed?
    They would have to swear in front of a judge, whether in person or in writing, so it's not as trivial as a passerby. But the bill indemnifies the complaintant, so the threat of a very unlikely perjury prosecution is the only brake on a malicious actor.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I can't speak to this bill, but the new Floriduh law is any anonymous concerned citizen.

I'm certain we won't see abuse of that though.

Yes. Sarcasm.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They would have to swear in front of a judge, whether in person or in writing, so it's not as trivial as a passerby. But the bill indemnifies the complaintant, so the threat of a very unlikely perjury prosecution is the only brake on a malicious actor.

And I'll add for emphasis what I said before. Even when flagrant and obvious lies are uncovered on ex-parte order applications, which is all the time in divorce court, there is never any prosecution. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the state has never even seen a single one. In most cases it's one person's word against another anyway so how can one prove perjury beyond a reasonable doubt. And people know this. There is no reason to think these orders will be any different.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Unfortunately if this abomination passes one of a gun owner's best defenses will be not letting people know he/she owns guns.

Well, that dovetails nicely with "A Farewell to Arms," doesn't it?

Don't get anyone else interested in the shooting sports, or raise your children with knowledge of firearms, because someday somebody might turn against you.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just send an email to Kathy. I want to know how she could vote for this Bill as it is written.

I am disgusted.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Wow, I would be real nervous if I owned a small gun shop in MD. D’s inMD do not like guns so if they take out a dozen or so LGS owners they would really feel like they were saving lives. Confiscate all inventory and let the judge figure it out. Owner would need an attorney and the ability to go several months without income. Pretty good plan.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Quick, we all should renounce our US citizenship and declare ourselves to be illegal aliens.

It's the only way to assure ourselves of having any rights left to defend.

:sarcasm:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Respectfully, none us should act as if the Left hasn't already considered effing over an LGS.

These azzholes are playing for keeps.

And short of us writing letters and e-mails and making phone calls, we hold no cards.

Respectfully, if the fix is in - no amount of e-mails/phone calls is going to stop the outcome. We may be able to get a table scrap thrown down, like with the Bumpstock Ban.

That 'any other interested party' language HAS to go.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Quick, we all should renounce our US citizenship and declare ourselves to be illegal aliens.

It's the only way to assure ourselves of having any rights left to defend.

:sarcasm:

You can remove that sarcasm emoji. There's more truth to your statement than any of us want to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom