• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought Hogue overmolded stocks for both of my Mini's. Much nicer, more comfortable than the synthetic stocks Rugers fits on their "tacticle" models. One black, one olive drab. Got them both from Amazon, about $70 each. The stock gives a nice grippy surface, a little bit of give when you tighten up on it. Only downfall I have with the Mini, shooting them at the outdoor range. I got to get a shell catcher, because the Mini's kick the ejected shell straight out horizontal at a 90 degree angle from the barrel. I don't want to hit fellow shooters so I try to get the very far right table so the brass/steel cases hit the berm instead.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I bought Hogue overmolded stocks for both of my Mini's. Much nicer, more comfortable than the synthetic stocks Rugers fits on their "tacticle" models. One black, one olive drab. Got them both from Amazon, about $70 each. The stock gives a nice grippy surface, a little bit of give when you tighten up on it. Only downfall I have with the Mini, shooting them at the outdoor range. I got to get a shell catcher, because the Mini's kick the ejected shell straight out horizontal at a 90 degree angle from the barrel. I don't want to hit fellow shooters so I try to get the very far right table so the brass/steel cases hit the berm instead.

Adjustable gas block and a heavier recoil spring would negate that somewhat.

But isn't being showered with hot brass part of the fun? :D

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Wal-Mart sells Mini-14's. If you collect gift cards, it can really offset the out of pocket costs. Mine only cost me about $300 :innocent0

I know some people don't like Wal-Mart, but the gift card thing is a great way to get liberal acquaintances to subsidize guns and ammo purchases;)

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hmm. I see a stainless Mini 14 Ranch on Guns America, brand new in box, $699 plus $25 S&H. I see a blued Ranch Rifle on Grab a Gun for $679 plus $8 S&H. The stainless sounds like the better deal.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Give in to your inner child. You know you need a Mini-14. :innocent0

11k9tmt.jpg

STOP IT! :D

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    my girlfriends step dad loves his mini 14 but we had a shoot out with my ar and i beat him. ar obviously has more aftermarket support

Didn't you ever have two or more girlfriends at one time? Or boyfriends (I can't determine your sex/sexual orientation - so safe to say that in this day and age).

Variety is the spice of life.

Mini 14 will put a pie plate down at distance, just as easily as an AR. I know. I have both. ;)

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Didn't you ever have two or more girlfriends at one time? Or boyfriends (I can't determine your sex/sexual orientation - so safe to say that in this day and age).

Variety is the spice of life.

Mini 14 will put a pie plate down at distance, just as easily as an AR. I know. I have both. ;)

Yeah - I would feel like I was cheating on my multiple ARs if I got a Mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom