• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not singling you out, just quoting your post.

A lot of people on this board have said similar.
    I and others wonder what exactly do you think a Dem would have done, or will do in office that Hogan didn't or will not do?

Do you really want to give Hogan another 4 years to prove to you that he CAN and WILL be worse than a D Gov?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Actually, we would be better off with a more egregious bill. Clearly, the soap box is useless, and so is the ballot box. Efforts in using the jury box have not fared well. Part of that is because judges permit themselves enough logical gymnastics as to convince themselves that MD's 2A violations are not violations at all. If the laws were worse, like in DC, we might be better off in court.

yea, I used to think that, too. Unfortunately, when it comes to 2A, no infringement is to far for judges... And SCOTUS has shown it does not want to protect 2A.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    How about appointing Pro 2A people to the HPRB?

I agree that this is a positive. However, even if the HPRB overturned every case, we're only talking about 160 permits. That's not many. It looks to me like these appointments are just throwing us a bone to make us feel like Hogan is 2A.

When you attend these meetings, the MSP is still denying permits that they know will be overturned on appeal. So, not much has really changed at the MSP level, where Hogan could have directed the head "COMRADE" of the MSP to allow more permits.

Anyway, if you're Joe Blow, without a business, you're still screwed.

Dec 26, 2011
    Stanley, VA
    As Homicide Hunter Lt. Joe Kenda would say: "My, my, my." I have not visited here for a few years, but got the email about this and decided to visit. It is too bad that the public in general, and politicians specifically, have such ignorance about firearm freedom. If some looney wants to kill mass numbers of people, rapid-fire devices are not the only choice of weapon, i.e., just rent a truck or van and run into a crowd... Of course, the Maryland governor would agree to such laws because he wants to get reelected. 'So happy that I have escaped the Maryland Gulag and moved to rural Virginia.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Depends.

If the House and Senate both go D in 2018, which I think they will, he's not getting any more Conservatives on to SCOTUS.

And he's not getting reelected, because he is a buffoon. So the Democrats will hold all three branches after the 2020 elections, and then they will show you how to swing the "we own all three branches" hammer, when they fill 3 to 5 SCOTUS spots.

Jesse Ventura, but that's beside the point.

Electing people that do not give a crap about your rights is never a win.

which is why I wish kennedy would come on and retire already.

If what you claim happens to all 3 branches, it will go from cries for bi partisan work to, take what you get because stone liberals says so.

liberals always cry for the other side to work with them but show no mercy when they have the reigns. I never understood why so many so called conservatives even give those shitbags the time of day, let alone work with them in the name of good PR...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree that this is a positive. However, even if the HPRB overturned every case, we're only talking about 160 permits. That's not many. It looks to me like these appointments are just throwing us a bone to make us feel like Hogan is 2A.

When you attend these meetings, the MSP is still denying permits that they know will be overturned on appeal. So, not much has really changed at the MSP level, where Hogan could have directed the head "COMRADE" of the MSP to allow more permits.

With the new scheduled amount of hearings heard per night that number would increase to 366/year. Still a drop in the overall bucket, but a much larger drop.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Yep, until joe the ditch digger can us self defense as g and s and gets an unrestricted permit then the herb is just a scheme to keep folks with plenty of time and money quiet by giving them a permit.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Alright everybody, listen up, and listen well, because this is about to get real.

All of you saying you'll still vote for Hogan - because "the other guy is worse," or because Hogan won't increase taxes or tolls, or for any of these other "comfort" oriented auxiliary reasons - you are pathetic, and you are cowards, and you need to reevaluate where you stand on the second amendment.

Don't tune me out. Keep listening.

If you've ever listened to Dan Bongino, from time to time he talks about his training in the Secret Service; how when you're in a gun fight, your natural instinct is to duck and seek cover. But the Secret Service's job isn't to get cover, it's to protect the President. In training, whenever someone would "get down" in a fight, the instructor would correct them, yelling "Get Big!" They had to learn to fight against their insticts, and make themselves into big targets, putting themselves in harm's way to protect the President- to take a bullet for him if need be. THAT'S where we are in Maryland right now. We can't be concerned with taxes, or healthcare, or all the other shit we know the Dems are gonna shove down our throats, when our most BASIC, MOST IMPORTANT freedoms are on the line. We need to GET BIG if we want anything to change.

We're going to have to put all those auxiliary issues aside, and focus the fight solely on the second amendment. It's not going to be easy, but it's nothing compared to what our forefathers went through when they went to war for what they believed was right; which is where we'll be soon too if we don't make a stand for it now. You can handle a little a little financial discomfort in order to fight the good fight. If you can't, then get the hell out of our way. Because you're NOT a patriot. Take the "molon labe" or III% sticker off of your car or out of your signature, because you are NOT a III%'er. The true III%'ers put their lives on the line, and you pathetic "patriots" aren't even willing to do the same with your wallets.

We need to get big, make a unified stand here, and commit to the long haul. If this state really is too far gone; if we really are such a powerless minority, then your vote means nothing anyway, and this problem will have to be settled by other means. But until then, we all need to stand together, and resolve not to support one more candidate that isn't going to support us. It's the first step in the long game, but you never go anywhere if you don't take the first step.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hogan also signed a bill adding $3.6 million to Baltimore’s Safe Streets program, which uses mediators to steer young adults away from violence and connect them to services.
    Wow....just wow.

Chump change. Freddie Gray's family got 6 million, for just being ghetto.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How about appointing Pro 2A people to the HPRB?
    Not nearly enough, my friend. If he effected change in the G&S standard to include self defense, I might be a little more sympathetic.

I think most of us were hoping with a Republican governor in place that when the next SB281 came down the road that the outcome would be different from when O'Malley was in office.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    But, but, but.... Hogan use to be our friend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/gun-rights-advocates-warming-to-hogan-promises/2014/10/05/b9d45470-4a59-11e4-b72e-d60a9229cc10_story.html?utm_term=.7d091d6ada18

"Hogan has pledged to install a state police superintendent more sympathetic to gun owners and make it easier to obtain permits to carry concealed weapons"

"Hogan said: “I want to make it easier for law-abiding citizens to own guns.”

"Hogan has said, including in one GOP primary debate, that a desire for “self defense” should be enough to meet the “good and substantial” requirement. Lowering the standard like that, advocates on both sides of issue say, could lead to a major increase in the number of permits in Maryland, which currently stands at about 14,000. He has told me personally that it’s on the list,” LaAsmar said of Hogan. “That can be done with the stroke of a pen.”

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Alright everybody, listen up, and listen well, because this is about to get real.

All of you saying you'll still vote for Hogan - because "the other guy is worse," or because Hogan won't increase taxes or tolls, or for any of these other "comfort" oriented auxiliary reasons - you are pathetic, and you are cowards, and you need to reevaluate where you stand on the second amendment.

If you've ever listened to Dan Bongino, from time to time he talks about his training in the Secret Service; how when you're in a gun fight, your natural instinct is to duck and seek cover. But the Secret Service's job isn't to get cover, it's to protect the President. In training, whenever someone would "get down" in a fight, the instructor would correct them, yelling "Get Big!" They had to learn to fight against their insticts, and make themselves into big targets, putting themselves in harm's way to protect the President- to take a bullet for him if need be. THAT'S where we are in Maryland right now. We can't be concerned with taxes, or healthcare, or all the other shit we know the Dems are gonna shove down our throats, when our most BASIC, MOST IMPORTANT freedoms are on the line. We need to GET BIG if we want anything to change.

We're going to have to put all those auxiliary issues aside, and focus the fight solely on the second amendment. It's not going to be easy, but it's nothing compared to what our forefathers went through when they went to war for what they believed was right; which is where we'll be soon too if we don't make a stand for it now. You can handle a little a little financial discomfort in order to fight the good fight. If you can't, then get the hell out of our way. Because you're NOT a patriot. Take the "molon labe" or III% sticker off of your car or out of your signature, because you are NOT a III%'er. The true III%'ers put their lives on the line, and you pathetic "patriots" aren't even willing to do the same with your wallets.

We need to get big, make a unified stand here, and commit to the long haul. If this state really is too far gone; if we really are such a powerless minority, then your vote means nothing anyway, and this problem will have to be settled by other means. But until then, we all need to stand together, and resolve not to support one more candidate that isn't going to support us. It's the first step in the long game, but you never go anywhere if you don't take the first step.

:thumbsup:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Not singling you out, just quoting your post.

A lot of people on this board have said similar.
    I and others wonder what exactly do you think a Dem would have done, or will do in office that Hogan didn't or will not do?

Do you really want to give Hogan another 4 years to prove to you that he CAN and WILL be worse than a D Gov?

The next D governor WILL ban mags over 10 rounds. They WILL raise the age to buy a rifle to 21. They WILL require background checks for all sales. MD WILL become CA.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This was not even remotely as bad as SB281. We do not help our cause by exaggerating and behaving like Chicken Little. When the sky does not fall, our credibility is gone. The odds of anyone getting 1302d are extremely small. If you are not at risk for a PFA, you are probably not at risk for a 1302.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

I don't but into the higher tax issues as well. If you don't have the 2A, taxes could be anything. In other words, without the 2A, you have nothing to fight with. We are losing our ability to fight.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The next D governor WILL ban mags over 10 rounds. They WILL raise the age to buy a rifle to 21. They WILL require background checks for all sales. MD WILL become CA.
    Hogan would have signed these restrictions if they were presented to him. The guy won't even get in a photo op with MSI.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom