• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    anybody reload for a taurus judge? i want to start loading brass shells for my magnum, for both re-useability and cool factor.:cool:

anybody else reloaded brass or norm shells for a judge?

john

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I've been saving my .45lc brass.

If anyone does reload, care to subcontract ?

For the few boxes of empties I have, it's not worth going the expense of doing it myself ... especially since I don't already have the equipment.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    45LC ? ...have an original T/C barrel in 45LC/.410 but reload for the .45LC in the Blackhawk.

@edleary1227, what are you looking for ?? plinking, cowboy, etc

-Rock

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    45LC ? ...have an original T/C barrel in 45LC/.410 but reload for the .45LC in the Blackhawk.

@edleary1227, what are you looking for ?? plinking, cowboy, etc

-Rock

Plinking right now ... Just .45lc for my Judge.

Last edited:

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    All brass won't fit in the cylinder of a 2.5" not sure about the 3". At least they dwn't in mine. Which is a bummer because there are some kick ass .410 all brass case rounds out there.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Actually I was speaking of brass fire formed from 9.3x54r for three inch shot shells, you can use other fire formed rounds or .444 marlin shells for 2.5 inch shot shells.

As I said earlier I have a magnum(3" cylinder) and would like to exploit that full length 8-)

Right now I mainly stick to federal defense rounds for the judge, 2.5" shells with four pieces of .000 buck!! Basiclly four 9mms ever trigger pull!

John

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood that you meant magnum shotgun rounds. Can't help there I'm afraid.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    No one? Well I'm going to source some brass for 3" shells but my father has already loaded some .444 marlins for me, only 7 1/2 shot but worth a try for now.

John

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Jester,

I've never loaded for shotguns in my life because I just don't use them enough (i only own one, compared to a dozen or so rifles). In your case, I would use the .444 marlin shells and have someone load them (or do it yourself) in a standard loading press. I shoot a 444marlin lever carbine and I can vouch for the strength of that brass in any loading you would be safe with in a Judge. (I run 300 or heavier projos over a pretty toasty load). You can use the .44 mag CCI shot capsules (easily available) with your shot of choice or you can load them with a wad and crimp like a shotgun. You will have to work up your own loads as this is generally outside the realm of standard loading practice. The upshot is the .444marlin brass should just about last forever in your application.

I have never owned a .410 shotgun and have only shot a couple hundred rounds of various ammo through judges, but at one point when I could not carry a handgun while horseback riding I had some birdshot capsules for the 444 just in case of snake problems.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    I grew up helpin load shotgun shells, super easy. But the idea here is to fit the largest shell I can into that 3" cylinder and fill it with as many pieces of .000 as I can, want six 8-O... which be less than 2 1/8"....

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom