• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I am debating on putting an a2 stock my my m4 variant. This would be largely because I plan to build a 20 inch precision upper in the near future. Any reason NOT to do it? I do like the adjustable lop choices with me six position and I rarely extend it fully so that's one negative I can see. Should I just build another lower? Thanks
    -Brent

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    With rifle length buffer tube one supposedly gets a better recoil impulse from the longer spring... Personally I feel like they shoot a little softer.

Last edited:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    You know me, I can't stand having an upper that doesn't have a dedicated lower to compliment it.;)

My plan was to initially buy 1 lower and 2 uppers, then always buy an even number of each after that. Never catch up that way.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My plan was to initially buy 1 lower and 2 uppers, then always buy an even number of each after that. Never catch up that way.

I started out thinking that, but I just couldn't stand not being able to pick it up and roll out with it ready to go.:thumbsup:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You may want to consider the Magpul PRS for your precision rifle needs. I have one on an Armalite AR-10 that's feels great and gets me in the perfect position for the scope.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I you dedicate to a lower for your 20'', also look at magpul's PRS. Warning: they are hefty (which I think is a good counterbalance on a long gun). My .02 worth.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Thanks for the replies everyone! For the now, I'm going to do the a2 I think and one lower to save money for the dmr build. I appreciate everyones input. Plus it'll look nice with a 16" barrel fixed stock and gemtech on the end for my carbine needs. Now time to buy new foam for the pelican in preparation of the 2nd upper in it :P

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have more than one PRS. The stock is heavy and personally I find the cheek riser useless unless you mount your optic ridiculously high. The adjustable LOP is nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom