• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That is fine for MD. Advertised HBAR by manufacturer.

Nice looking upper but quad rails are uncomfortable. A regular carbine handguard is cheaper and more comfortable. You can also save some money by not getting the Dominator rear sight. Really only useful if you are going to use an Eotech.

Rock River is a good solid company. Check out Bravo Company (BCM) also. They have some very nice uppers as well.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've had a rock river for6-7 years it's been trouble free that whole time. they do make Md. compliant uppers(probably one of the first) so, no worries there and their barrels a top quality. I would recommend them.:thumbsup:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I don't know where you are located but it might be a good idea for you to visit a gun shop. Gun Connection and Engage come to mind. They will be able to set you up with what you want. They carry uppers in the range you posted to several times that amount.

Check the IP section. They're good people and will set you up with what you want.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know where you are located but it might be a good idea for you to visit a gun shop. Gun Connection and Engage come to mind. They will be able to set you up with what you want. They carry uppers in the range you posted to several times that amount.

Check the IP section. They're good people and will set you up with what you want.

if no luck there, Atlantic guns in Rockville and Silver Spring carry them as well and are good folk to deal with.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I just built my Colt HBAR clone using Rock River parts and everything seemed high quality.

20141223_174451.jpg

I am planning on taking it to the range soon and I'll let you know how it turned out :D

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    You'll be fine with anything from Rock River. Numerous competitive shooters use their rifles in the high power league at the AGC range. Good quality and reliable.

Lew--Ranger63

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Thank you all for the feedback on RRA's quality. It sounds like its a solid choice. I was able to find their uppers on this site:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/RRA_Uppers/206/c

Do those prices look fair? Im re-considering the free float that I first posted as its my understanding that they are a bit harder to work with and this is my first build, so a drop in hand guard would probably be the safer bet. Also, the reason I wanted to go with a quad rail hand guard (I was looking at the first one at the top of the page that the link goes to) is because I intend on putting a vertical foregrip on it. If I end up getting a solid hand guard, is it possible to attach a rail to the bottom later on? Or would I be better off just replacing the hand guard all together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom