• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Henry small game rifle. Came with skinner sights and a large loop lever. Nice shooter!

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    1932-vintage Springfield M2, concurrently with a 1929-vintage Remington 12C. It was a good day. The week before that was a 1935-vintage Winchester M52 Pre-A. Been on a roll.

Out of a couple dozen .22's I only own one newer than WWII, a BRNO No.2. Never owned a 10/22, probably never will.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    1932-vintage Springfield M2, concurrently with a 1929-vintage Remington 12C. It was a good day. The week before that was a 1935-vintage Winchester M52 Pre-A. Been on a roll.

Out of a couple dozen .22's I only own one newer than WWII, a BRNO No.2. Never owned a 10/22, probably never will.

Very nice !!! Any pre turn of the century. 22s?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Tikka T1x in 22LR

I had the honor and privilege of shooting this rifle today and I can say, without any reservations, that I haven't shot a more accurate .22 rifle since the Rem 541-T I owned 35 years ago.

The Tikka T1x is soooo overbuilt and robust, it's a Sako by any other name. Wonderful trigger. Fit and finish is what you'd expect on any rifle made in Finland.

Thanks, Fidelity! :party29:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I had the honor and privilege of shooting this rifle today and I can say, without any reservations, that I haven't shot a more accurate .22 rifle since the Rem 541-T I owned 35 years ago.

The Tikka T1x is soooo overbuilt and robust, it's a Sako by any other name. Wonderful trigger. Fit and finish is what you'd expect on any rifle made in Finland.

Thanks, Fidelity! :party29:

Were you at the NRA range today? Nice place to go?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Were you at the NRA range today? Nice place to go?

I love the NRA Range but, no, we went to Frederick IWLA instead since the weather was so nice! Closer to home. No need to hurry. Conditions were a bit soggy but, it took nothing away from being able to spend a day shooting outdoors...in February.

I'm sure Fidelity will upload some pics for us later.

Most people who know me will tell you I'm not much of a rifle guy. I like 'em, I just don't have anywhere good that's close by to shoot one over 100 yards. To me, rifles don't start getting 'interesting' until 500 yards. That's the distance I start getting geeky and obsessive.

.22's though, they rock. It's probably the most chill form of shooting and that Tikka made sub-MOA groups at 50-75 yards ridiculously easy with el-cheapo CCI standard velocity ammo.

Sep 10, 2016
    Picked up a GSG-522 about a year ago.

Attachments

• 919D1C05-0A28-44DA-B0DB-649929AC1779.jpg
      919D1C05-0A28-44DA-B0DB-649929AC1779.jpg
      44.9 KB · Views: 210

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    OvugjOi.jpg

I can honestly say that after today's trip to the range, if I buy a .22 rifle it'll be this thing. I'd be glad to hear your recommendations for glass because that's what drives me nuts the most about rifles: trying to pick a scope.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    My wife's first gun was a Ruger SR22 pistol. About 4 or 5 years ago.

Nice but damned finicky about ammo and sometimes dirt.

Likes remmy golden bullets. Runs well with them. Very well.

Hates anything with a lead nose. Jams. A LOT! Federal lead nose especially! More than 6 rounds in the mag wont feed.

She shoots it often at the monthly ladies shooting club. Even loaned it to a co-worker for a shooting intro last month. Converting a few ladies to gun side.

Sep 10, 2016
    It’s alright only experienced about 4-5 miss feeds with it but I’m chalking that up to the crap .22 ammo I was running thru it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom