• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Anyone have a black aces 12ga semi auto. How does it cycle slower rounds. Is it gas or inertia. What model do you have and like or dislike. thanks

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    I've seen too many negative reviews on their guns to purchase one anymore, and I die hard wanted one of their lever actions. Held one (lever) in 2020 at the Fredricksburg Gun Show and the action was wobbly and felt like it would fall apart if it was actually shot. There's also this video on their Semi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZi3rDHYJEU

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've known several people who bought one. I've never known anyone who bought a second one...

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Anyone have a black aces 12ga semi auto. How does it cycle slower rounds. Is it gas or inertia. What model do you have and like or dislike. thanks

I've seen too many negative reviews on their guns to purchase one anymore, and I die hard wanted one of their lever actions. Held one (lever) in 2020 at the Fredricksburg Gun Show and the action was wobbly and felt like it would fall apart if it was actually shot. There's also this video on their Semi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZi3rDHYJEU

Junk with a capital 7. Avoid like the pneumonic plague

I've known several people who bought one. I've never known anyone who bought a second one...

I have not heard good things and I don’t regret passing

I have seen a number of positive reviews. I believe they use a gas system. The reviews I have seen indicate that it will cycle slower rounds. Even the referenced youtube video demonstrates that it can be quite reliable.

The biggest downside seems to be that it is a budget shotgun and the fit and finish is not as good as higher priced shotguns. This appears to be what caused the failure in the unrealistic test shown in the video.

There certainly are better semiauto shotguns that you will pay a lot more for. For the price, it seems to do a reasonable job. For slower rounds, it may even work better than some more expensive shotguns. YMMV.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have the FD12 bullpup and have no complaints. It only ever burped once with a failure to fully eject, which was solved easily and quickly and has not hiccuped since.
    That said, I have only ever ran slugs and 00 buck through it - no low brass.

I tipped it with a JMAC muzzle brake, which took a little bit to get the proper insert.

I have the FD12 bullpup and have no complaints. It only ever burped once with a failure to fully eject, which was solved easily and quickly and has not hiccuped since.
    That said, I have only ever ran slugs and 00 buck through it - no low brass.

I tipped it with a JMAC muzzle brake, which took a little bit to get the proper insert.

I too have a FD12 Bullpup. It isn't a Benelli and never will be, but you get a hell of a lot of gun for the $500 price tag. It reliably eats anything 1250fps and faster. 1200fps and below will jam every 9-10rds.
    I have not fired any other of their offerings.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Haven’t shot mine, just picked up another 10 rd mag for mine and I have a 20rd drum waiting in VA for it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 1BE474E9-96B6-425E-AD4F-843A2B5F34FF.jpg
      1BE474E9-96B6-425E-AD4F-843A2B5F34FF.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 311

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Definitely not the most ergonomic

Attachments

• 132CF4D5-6FB2-40FA-84E6-E408A6A45871.jpg
      132CF4D5-6FB2-40FA-84E6-E408A6A45871.jpg
      115.6 KB · Views: 160
    • AA42653D-D36E-48D4-8031-5C59BF549E2C.jpg
      AA42653D-D36E-48D4-8031-5C59BF549E2C.jpg
      113.6 KB · Views: 198

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have seen a number of positive reviews. I believe they use a gas system. The reviews I have seen indicate that it will cycle slower rounds. Even the referenced youtube video demonstrates that it can be quite reliable.

The biggest downside seems to be that it is a budget shotgun and the fit and finish is not as good as higher priced shotguns. This appears to be what caused the failure in the unrealistic test shown in the video.

There certainly are better semiauto shotguns that you will pay a lot more for. For the price, it seems to do a reasonable job. For slower rounds, it may even work better than some more expensive shotguns. YMMV.

I have never heard of fit and finish causing a failure. Fit and finish is describing the aesthetics', not the function. Does the wood stock seamlessly tie into the metal. Is the machining on the exterior straight. Are there tool marks.

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    I had one for a brief period, couldn’t get it to cycle reliably with buckshot or lighter loads. Ended up giving it to a friend to tinker with. Companies change for the better sometimes, I’m willing to give them another shot, but not really willing to pay for one right now.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Lol that looks so ridiculous.

My offer stands that if that thing cycles an entire drum without jamming, lunch is on me

I love sushi but I’ll take it on a plate

Attachments

• 3D14B1DC-8324-4581-BC79-07CE2C171F35.jpg
      3D14B1DC-8324-4581-BC79-07CE2C171F35.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads