• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Inside the " Amish Market " , in the cinder block building closest to the hot dog stand .

yeehall

Dec 21, 2020
    JMJ Fireams, Tackle Box, Accurate Guns and Ammo, Medusa Munitions and GLR Enterprises. JMJ and Tackle Box have lots of guns in stock. Tackle Box has a good selection of used guns most of the time. Medusa, GLR and Accurate are great small shops where you get to deal with the owner.
    Also have Bob's Sunoco in Callaway [https://www.bobssunoco.net/hunting--fishing.html] (weekends only), and Cromwell's in Lexington Park [http://nfdn.cromwellsfirearms.com/] (weekdays only). Cromwell is the current president of Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club. Dick's Sporting Goods in Lexington Park still sells shotguns and rifles and hunting supplies. There are a bunch here.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Medusa Munitions are great people and prices. They are my go-to shop in Southern MD though I havent been in around 6 months now. Contact them first before heading there as they are a home-based FFL.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Also have Bob's Sunoco in Callaway [https://www.bobssunoco.net/hunting--fishing.html] (weekends only), and Cromwell's in Lexington Park [http://nfdn.cromwellsfirearms.com/] (weekdays only). Cromwell is the current president of Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club. Dick's Sporting Goods in Lexington Park still sells shotguns and rifles and hunting supplies. There are a bunch here.

I'm not sure why, but your link for Cromwells does not work. This one here does though: http://nfdn.cromwellsfirearms.com/

Jim Lindsay

Jan 15, 2022
    St. Mary's County
    JMJ Fireams, Tackle Box, Accurate Guns and Ammo, Medusa Munitions and GLR Enterprises. JMJ and Tackle Box have lots of guns in stock. Tackle Box has a good selection of used guns most of the time. Medusa, GLR and Accurate are great small shops where you get to deal with the owner.

GLR is great! I use them for all of my transfers and have even purchased from them. And as you said, you deal directly with the owner. I just found out about Accurate so I haven't visited them but I'm planning on a making trip soon.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    J2 I have nothing but good things to say about John the owner but I can't say the same for some of his employees. Plus J2 has gotten crazy on their pricing.

I spent a good bit of money with J2 when they opened and now I've moved on. Just my thoughts.
    Agree 100%.

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Hero Quartermasters in Dunkirk
    Next to Dominoes and Anthonys, just a couple doors up from the Dunkirk Post Office.
    They have regular business hours - Store front operation - Not a home or part time business

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    How is the place in LaPlata?

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk

I’m curious about this as well. I took my conceal class at JMJ in st. Mary’s and liked them but the shop in la plata is closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Monkey’s Armory is good to go. Very small shop. Best bet is to order from their website and wait for the firearm to come in, then go do paperwork. Not much ammo on hand. Owner and employees are good. They became my gunshop by default when Gymratz went down the tubes.

Since were all bringing up Gymratz, I recently picked up my suppressor that disappeared for quite awhile when they shut down abruptly. It took quite a while to make it over to Gun Monkey’s Armory (I think all of Gymratz suppressors went there), then a fourteen month wait on a paper submission - pre eforms. I guess that’s going to be my last, true stamp.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    OP asked in 2021 about shops in Calvert County. OP hasn't been back since 2021, but in Calvert County, I'm shopping at PSG Armory in Sunderland. They have regular hours and a great inventory of guns and ammo. I'm about to give them some more business here soon...

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hero Quartermasters in Dunkirk
    Next to Dominoes and Anthonys, just a couple doors up from the Dunkirk Post Office.
    They have regular business hours - Store front operation - Not a home or part time business
    Thank you for that information. I pass by there twice a day. Going to stop by soon.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I recently moved down to SOMD, Calvert County and looking to purchase a handgun, thinking of a taurus judge for home defense. I googled gun shops, but the options seem limited and there wasnt many pictures of the actual shops. What places would you recommend? I miss Virginia already, lol.
    J2 Defense RT231

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I did a transfer at JMJ Firearms this past weekend. Everyone there was friendly and very helpful. I'd use them again if I needed a dealer in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom