• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Questions To Ask The Politicians when you see them.

I thought a thread with suggested questions for the members of the General Assembly might help people organize their thoughts and give them ideas they might want to pursue.

I will kick it off with:

Why is it a prerequisite for getting a Handgun Qualification License that the applicant must have a computer running the Microsoft Internet Explorer Operating System and a credit card? Why can't people mail in a paper application with a check or money order like paying their taxes? This discriminates against the poor and the elderly.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Why does it have to be renewed? Is the new handgun you want to purchase any more dangerous than the one you already own. MSP still has 7 days to check up on your record.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Does it hurt to have your head so far up your arse?
    Why can't MD be like most of the rest of America and have a better understanding of 2A, instead of looking at what CA,NJ and NY city does for gun laws.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    That didn't take long...:innocent0

Attachments

• 6a76f4a3-4ad2-4ae2-8a3b-c092e85586af.jpg
      6a76f4a3-4ad2-4ae2-8a3b-c092e85586af.jpg
      43.2 KB · Views: 162

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Back to real questions.

Does the legislator have any idea what the actual cost of obtaining the training and permits is for an average citizen who wants to have a handgun in their home to protect their family? Also how long it takes to get the training and license and additional background check when the purchase is made just to obtain a handgun for protection?

All of this is in addition to the cost of the gun and is discriminatory against the poor.

1) Why do you want people to die as victims of violent crime instead of allowing them to carry the tools to defend themselves

2) What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

3) Do you enjoy violating the rights of the citizens?

4) Do you have a concealed carry permit?

5) There are plenty of statistics from the FBI and othe law enforcement agencies that prove crime goes down where people are allowed to carry. Why are you pro crime and anti self defense??

But of course none of the anti 2As are going to let any of you near them and most of you will rally around the pro 2A delegates and Senators...A lot of good that does...

BMore

Feb 23, 2008
    High Rent District
    Why is it a prerequisite for getting a Handgun Qualification License that the applicant must have a computer running the Microsoft Internet Explorer Operating System and a credit card? Why can't people mail in a paper application with a check or money order like paying their taxes? This discriminates against the poor and the elderly.

Follow-up question. It has been over 2 years since hql has been introduced why are commonly browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari still not currently supported by MSP website? Do they realize that Microsoft makes it hard to acquire the newest Internet Explorer software for those users on old operating systems (such as Windows XP or Windows 8) which Microsoft no longer supports. What is the progress on making the website usable to all browsers? It is fair that citizens might have to upgrade to new operating system just submit an application for HQL?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Follow-up question. It has been over 2 years since hql has been introduced why are commonly browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari still not currently supported by MSP website? Do they realize that Microsoft makes it hard to acquire the newest Internet Explorer software for those users on old operating systems (such as Windows XP or Windows 8) which Microsoft no longer supports. What is the progress on making the website usable to all browsers? It is fair that citizens might have to upgrade to new operating system just submit an application for HQL?

Micro$oft just recently announced that Internet Exploder will be no more (abandoned) and replaced with a new proprietary, bug-riddled M$ web browser. So once again, MSP supports only the obsolete. :mad54:

And the hypocritical thing is that the state recently migrated away from the MS Office platform and now uses Google apps including Chrome because they are all free. A friend of mine is the webmaster for the Maryland secretary of state's office.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I did my HQL on Safari. I did not have documentation to upload, is that where unsupported browsers fail?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Why a 7-day wait to take home a new handgun when I have a HQL and already own more handguns than I can remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom