• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Letter in today's Carroll County Times is pretty good :innocent0 ...

Today (June 10, 2013) as of this writing I have received two Breaking headline emails from the Carroll County Times, reporting two separate vehicle crashes in the County. Both of them sadly resulted in fatalities.

It is days like these that make me wonder, when will the State of Maryland finally ban these instruments of death and destruction? The number of people who are injured or killed by these things each year, either accidentally or on purpose, is just staggering.

Cars are inherently dangerous instruments which are too big and heavy, and go too fast to be safely controlled by some drivers, whether through negligence, inattention, malice, substance impairment, mental defect, or lack of driving skill. Keeping just bad drivers from behind the wheel won't solve the problem, because cars are frequently stolen or borrowed by bad drivers, and you can't always tell a bad driver from a good one. The cars are the problem.

Maryland should restrict what all people are allowed to drive. To start, ban all visual attributes which give cars the appearance of being fast or powerful, including racing stripes, spoilers, dual exhausts, hood intake scoops, convertible tops, gaudy hood ornaments, and all red cars. Next, create a roster of banned cars to include any vehicle that looks or sounds fast and powerful. Additionally we should limit gas tanks to no greater than one gallon capacity so that they cannot be driven very far without having to stop to refuel; and require governors (we could call them O'Malleys) on all cars to prevent them from exceeding 10 MPH.

After all, it's cars that kill people, not the drivers behind the wheel. Just like guns.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I was wondering when something like this would be said and what the fallout would be from it's being said.

:popcorn:

Antifeik

May 26, 2013
    Nice letter, but unfortunately we need to ban together and overcome this idiotic governor that all he wants is run for president in 2016 under this platform of strict gun laws. The rest of the goons just want to secure their seats.Is he's obsession against our right.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Ten gallon tanks and 45 mph governors are just common sense.

Also those blow-in-the-breathalyzer-before-you-can-start-the-car things on every. single. car. in the whole damn People's Utopia. (They bring in a lot of $-revenue-$.)

Mr H

Banana'd
    No one needs more than 7 gallons.

But, since you can't buy less than a ten-gallon tank, you'll just have to be sure not to load more than 7 in it. If you're caught at a traffic camera with more than 7 gallons, you'll be in REAL trouble, mister!!!

Mar 13, 2013
    OweMalley won't be interested unless there's a way for him to make money on it. Electronic monitoring for fines if the vehicle goes over 10mph; a special and costly certification class to travel at speeds up to 15mph; a LARGE sum to have local LE unlock the ignition auto lock if the breathalyzer locks the ignition. And the list goes on.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    When you really think about it, why aren't the ignition interlocks factory requirements yet? Hundreds are killed each year due to the recklessness of those who drive impaired. Wouldn't the interlock device almost completely deter and PREVENT almost all DUI related crashes and deaths? Just forward thinking and it seems like a proactive approach, until people figure out how to bypass or disable them. ( obviously I'm only playing devils advocate because I can bet that a majority of drivers in the US would be completely against it, even if it saves just one person. Hmmm I'd be all for it because I don't drink and drive. This must be how it feels to be anti-gun. "I'm all for a gun ban because it doesn't bother me I don't own any, and if they will save just one person)

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    No one needs more than 7 gallons.

But, since you can't buy less than a ten-gallon tank, you'll just have to be sure not to load more than 7 in it. If you're caught at a traffic camera with more than 7 gallons, you'll be in REAL trouble, mister!!!

Or that cop killing 93 Octane gasoline. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom