Like ticks and chiggers weren't enough....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    One of my boys was cutting the grass around my "yard art" (old vehicles/junk pile)the other day. I see him stop and look at his forearm, rub it some, look at it again, and then just stares at it.

I walk over and he says "I think I got stung by a wasp", but there was a big, strange mark at the site: bunch of little dots, and general area raised up fast.

Then he says, "What is THIS thing?" and points at some critter on his shirt sleeve.

Looked like a cross between a slug and a stegasaurus. So flicked it off, and we took turns stomping and smearing it for a couple minutes.

Looked it up, and it was the catepillar for the "Puss moth"/Asp moth/Southern Flannel moth, most TOXIC caterpillar in MD.

40+ years ago, I only got the occasional wood tick, and I about LIVED in the woods. What's next???

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    b7ef17973839ece33a82ff3bf6168aba_zps3df38908.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Nuke it! Immediately! Or call Owebama, he is going to have a few unused cruise missiles he can't wait to use! But it will take a few weeks for him to draw the line, retract it, claim solo authority to fire, and then a few more weeks to get Congress to approve! Hell just use some Round Up or Spectracide (a slow death), or the closest personal defense weapon available and be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom