• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Refering to the very top of Page 7 :

In one has prevously held a Md Permit , but not at present ( by many years) , is this "origional" or "Subsequent" ?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    In NJ. I paid a fine, lost my license for 3 months, went to driving school to take a course in safe driving. I was young and stupid. It was my first and only offense. In the 33 years since, I've been a very good boy. I never even drank that often. I was just an occasional drinker.

How does this impact my application for a Maryland permit? Based on the "ever arrested" question, I suppose I have to answer in the affirmative. I don't even remember the exact dates, or where I would get that info.

Could it really be that this offense, so long ago, could be grounds for rejection?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Geek

A DUI is not a show stopper for Utah or FL...Especially not 33yrs ago.
    If I was you, I would just put down the year and the location. If they can not find it in their system it is their problem. At least you did not lie on the application.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'll call them today and let you all know what I find out. Thanks!!

Hagerstown does not do the full service like some of the others. I was there yesterday. They do LIVESCAN. That's it. I had to make an appointment.

Something like 57 or $59.

I went here:
    Securitas
    1101 Opal Court
    Suite 211
    Hagerstown, MD 21740

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Shoot! It would be nice to find a one stop shop to help make things easier. My app is almost done. I just need to fill out my past employers. I do have a question on that. My last job (the one I had for almost 3 years) is out of business. Should I just give them one of the owners personal phone numbers? The hole thing sucks because someone else is even in the old office space. lol

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Shoot! It would be nice to find a one stop shop to help make things easier. My app is almost done. I just need to fill out my past employers. I do have a question on that. My last job (the one I had for almost 3 years) is out of business. Should I just give them one of the owners personal phone numbers? The hole thing sucks because someone else is even in the old office space. lol

I would not. Not everyone knows there ex bosses phone number. If you were there till they closed there doors then just put that for your reason for leaving. One less person for them to call.:innocent0

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I stopped by the Leonardtown Barracks yesterday for a separate matter (getting a repair order for a burned out head light signed off on). While I was there I asked about getting a CCW application. I already downloaded one but just wanted to strike up a conversation on the subject to get a feeler on the subject. Sgt. Redman suggested I might want to wait till after the appeal. And told me that they had received a memo from AG Gansler stating that it would be business as usual, no change to the permitting process pending appeal. I asked Sgt. Redman if he knew if the 4th circuit had granted a stay, but he didn’t know. I replied, that if no stay had been granted, wouldn’t that be considered contempt of court. He politely backed out of the conversation, indicating that really wasn’t his area of expertise, but that he just wanted to share what had come down the pipe from Gansler. For which I thanked him.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    App is gone. Just realized the notary used blue ink. I'll probably sweat this for the next year or so until they finally get around to looking at it..

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Curious: Is anybody in MDS management/moderators currently applying for the MSP CCW? How about MSI officers?

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Just got back from getting fingerprints at MVA in Frederick. The cost was $57.25 for prints only.
    After telling the state employee NOT MSP that it was for a handgun permit he replied "oh another crazy one" I kinda chuckled at him but took the defensive and ask why? He said that they will never issue me a permit so again I ask why? Also that he has never seen my application and don't have any idea whats on it. That shifted him some and it turned into a much better conversation. He is a retired deputy and still has his CCW permit (needs renewed in august so he is even concerned). To sum it up after 15 min. of prints and 30 min. of talking has said to let him know how it turns out. I think he learned that I was not uneducated on the subject and looked at me different then. all in all much better then I thought it was going to go.

P.S. he said that he has only done about 20 for private permits.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Just got back from getting fingerprints at MVA in Frederick. The cost was $57.25 for prints only.
    After telling the state employee NOT MSP that it was for a handgun permit he replied "oh another crazy one" I kinda chuckled at him but took the defensive and ask why? He said that they will never issue me a permit so again I ask why? Also that he has never seen my application and don't have any idea whats on it. That shifted him some and it turned into a much better conversation. He is a retired deputy and still has his CCW permit (needs renewed in august so he is even concerned). To sum it up after 15 min. of prints and 30 min. of talking has said to let him know how it turns out. I think he learned that I was not uneducated on the subject and looked at me different then. all in all much better then I thought it was going to go.

P.S. he said that he has only done about 20 for private permits.

In fairness I think his "crazy one" comment was only refecting that "you must be crazy to think MSP is going to grant you a permit" linke of thinking. He obviously wasn't anti-gun and giving you a "Frosh" crazy comment.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    App is gone. Just realized the notary used blue ink. I'll probably sweat this for the next year or so until they finally get around to looking at it..

You're good. I emailed Sgt Jones at the Pikesville location and he said blue ink from the notary is OK. That is CONFIRMED

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Curious: Is anybody in MDS management/moderators currently applying for the MSP CCW? How about MSI officers?

Many. Myself and my family included. Some of us are helping friends who want to apply and cannot do it for themselves right now.

We've also had some Executive Members applying well before the Woollard decision was in. I won't explain why (time, not secrecy - I explained elsewhere).

Point is we were the tip of the spear last month, and we're running with the rest of you today.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    Many. Myself and my family included. Some of us are helping friends who want to apply and cannot do it for themselves right now.

We've also had some Executive Members applying well before the Woollard decision was in. I won't explain why (time, not secrecy - I explained elsewhere).

Point is we were the tip of the spear last month, and we're running with the rest of you today.

:thumbsup: Good to hear!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

Thanks for the reply. The part I wanted to hear was "...we're running with the rest of you today."

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    In fairness I think his "crazy one" comment was only refecting that "you must be crazy to think MSP is going to grant you a permit" linke of thinking. He obviously wasn't anti-gun and giving you a "Frosh" crazy comment.

Yes that was about it. He was defiantly pro-gun. He has many himself, reloads himself, Yes defiantly pro-gun. Wished me the best in the end. If he was MSP I would have had a lot more to say to him Like could I please have your name, rank, bad number etc.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Just as an aside, I don't think we'll know anything until we start seeing our $75.00 checks deposited by MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom