The gun you wish wasn't on "The List"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    ^^^this^^^

No reason at all for this to be on the list.
    Not to act like a dog begging to scraps from the table, but I am grateful-ish that the Maryland Democratic Party was just focused on virtue signaling and didn't actually care about putting serious thought into really screwing over Maryland gun owners. Hopefully we can get it reversed.

Though as I type this I am sitting in Virginia in the parking lot of my new employer, waiting for the building to open up to us new orientees. Hopefully I'll not be a Maryland resident too much longer, though I can't say Virginia is really my first choice of states to move to. At least I'll be able to protect myself in public here. For now . . .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    AK47 and 29.5" OAL for anything, including bullpups. I have an AK74 and a Vz58 but I really want a 47. Good thing we are going to be moving in the next 6-12 months.

If you are moving in 6-12 months it sounds like you won’t need your Vz58 anymore since you’ll be in the land of the free. Want to sell to a fellow MDSer I need some some “AK” love? :rolleyes:

My top is an M1a. Number two would be zero AK47. not sure on #3. Maybe lack of non-HBAR AR-15. Or it might be that the CETME/G3 are verboten.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also the M1a on everyone’s list. We need to get together and write Springfield Armory a letter and request they change two parts on the .308 M1a so that they aren’t interchangeable. Rename it the M1b and sell it is as a Maryland compliant rifle.

They’ll have 100+ orders the day after announcing it (must be walnut stock).

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I got my AK74 before the ban, but did not get an AK47. :mad54: That would be my "missed opportunity" gun. Of course an M1A would be nice too.... But wasn't on my short list.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    What are some of your guns you can only look at pictures of and sigh at as long as you live in maryland? Mine personally is the M1A. I know i vould get one in 6.5, but if its not wood stock with a parkerized finish in 308 its not the same imo!

Second that! We need to get some of these off the list, I wonder if we can do it over time? Maybe we could try the slow boiling frog method? And get them all off the list.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    The entire AK 7.62x39 platform. Ill never stop kicking my own arse for not buying one before OCT 2013, but the truth is that I wasn't into shooting as a hobby at the time and thus was ignorant to gun laws in general. I didn't even know that having a civilian AK was an option. Also, if Im not mistaken, the market was different then and AK's could be had at a fraction of the price that an AR would have gone for.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    M1A scout. I'd love an M107 but since it's almost the same price as a car it only bothers me from the infringement standpoint since I'll likely never buy one even if it isn't banned.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    AFPEeju.jpg

Valmet M76

Valmet M76 in 7.62x51. To this day, I have never fired another military-issue service rifle that was as accurate or had better iron sights. The Finns really did it right. While it may resemble an AK from the outside, it had very little in-common on the inside. 1982 price at the Rod & Gun Club on-base: $750 for a brand new semi-auto civilian version. Still kick myself for not buying one when I had the chance but, I was young, dumb and had no sense of urgency back then.

Was that what Robin Williams had in "the survivors"?

More than one, but in order.
    1. FAL
    2. AK47
    3. M1A
    4. Galil
    5. A lightweight barrel for my Engage build

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    If you are moving in 6-12 months it sounds like you won’t need your Vz58 anymore since you’ll be in the land of the free. Want to sell to a fellow MDSer I need some some “AK” love? :rolleyes:
    Nonsense, I love my Vz58 and don't plan to sell it. Plenty of room in the safe!

I'm actually quite amazed at how many people are saying M1A, when so many times I see people bashing the hell out of the M1A. I love mine, most accurate rifle I own at the moment. I'm glad I got mine earlier than I intended so I didn't miss out.

Nobody wants the 6.5 Creedmoor version?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Every gun nut wants to have one day where they dual wield tec 9s at the range like simon Phoenix. They may never touch the Guns again as they rot in the safe but for that 15 seconds you knew how to use the 3 sea shells lol

I think I can pull off the Falling Down look much better

Attachments

• fallingdowntec9.jpg
      fallingdowntec9.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 312

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm actually quite amazed at how many people are saying M1A, when so many times I see people bashing the hell out of the M1A. I love mine, most accurate rifle I own at the moment. I'm glad I got mine earlier than I intended so I didn't miss out.

Nobody wants the 6.5 Creedmoor version?

Because for an actual battle rifle, especially for adverse conditions it is surpassed by SOOO many guns. But it is iconic and fun as hell to shoot. It’s like the Garand, if you’ve got red American blood in your body, you love it. Doesn’t matter that it is somewhat impractical.

Because for an actual battle rifle, especially for adverse conditions it is surpassed by SOOO many guns. But it is iconic and fun as hell to shoot. It’s like the Garand, if you’ve got red American blood in your body, you love it. Doesn’t matter that it is somewhat impractical.
    The friends who I've taken shooting have all said they loved shooting the M1A the most, that it's just fun, which I'll agree with. I could see it being impractical for an actual battle rifle, with the weight and size and lower ammo capacity

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The friends who I've taken shooting have all said they loved shooting the M1A the most, that it's just fun, which I'll agree with. I could see it being impractical for an actual battle rifle, with the weight and size and lower ammo capacity

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Some of it too is it just doesn’t handle adverse environmental conditions as well as an AR or AK. It’s a pretty open design, exactly like the Garand where you can get mud/dirt/sand in the action behind the bolt as well as along the op rod. That doesn’t mean it’ll lock up if you look at it, but it is more vulnerable. But such a pleasure to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom