• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My SSA-E and BG-RF triggers work fine. One is Colt pattern, the other CMMG Guard.

From the company:

Thank you for contacting us, we are sorry to hear of this issue. Yes sir, what happened when your rifle was in 9mm configuration is very common, and does happen to semi auto triggers/guns as well when dealing with ramped bolts. It’s called hammer follow. Our triggers were designed to work with ar15 rifles which do not have a ramped bolt. With a ramped bolt, it may not push the hammer all the way down to reset after every shot, either producing a dead trigger or a double, etc. The SSA, SSA-E, and SSF fair better with ramped bolts than our three gun triggers do, but they just weren’t designed for the ramped bolt.

With that said sir, if you would like to send us your SSF to check out we would be happy to do it. I hope this helps, anything you need with any of our products let us know.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    From the company:

Thank you for contacting us, we are sorry to hear of this issue. Yes sir, what happened when your rifle was in 9mm configuration is very common, and does happen to semi auto triggers/guns as well when dealing with ramped bolts. It’s called hammer follow. Our triggers were designed to work with ar15 rifles which do not have a ramped bolt. With a ramped bolt, it may not push the hammer all the way down to reset after every shot, either producing a dead trigger or a double, etc. The SSA, SSA-E, and SSF fair better with ramped bolts than our three gun triggers do, but they just weren’t designed for the ramped bolt.

With that said sir, if you would like to send us your SSF to check out we would be happy to do it. I hope this helps, anything you need with any of our products let us know.
    Won’t be a problem with the CMMG Guard options.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Update from the OP: got my SSA-E trigger installed last night. Took a bit of fiddling before I realized I needed to remove the safety switch, since all the youtube videos I watched left it safety in place. (video AR 15 me AR 10?) Took a bit more fiddling to figure how to get the safety out. Took a bit more searching to find the 2 springs plus a detent pin that fell out and rolled around on the floor. Still not sure what the small spring is for, but its back where I found it. So glad I did not do this over carpet. The trigger and safety work flawlessly. Now it's out to the range to work on breath control and technique.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Update from the OP: got my SSA-E trigger installed last night. Took a bit of fiddling before I realized I needed to remove the safety switch, since all the youtube videos I watched left it safety in place. (video AR 15 me AR 10?) Took a bit more fiddling to figure how to get the safety out. Took a bit more searching to find the 2 springs plus a detent pin that fell out and rolled around on the floor. Still not sure what the small spring is for, but its back where I found it. So glad I did not do this over carpet. The trigger and safety work flawlessly. Now it's out to the range to work on breath control and technique.

It happens with some trigger installations. If the trigger slot is not milled forward enough in the lower receiver, it will require the safety to be removed to get the trigger out of the gun.

It's nothing to be concerned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom