Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:44 PM #181
Rab1515's Avatar
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
Rab1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbeam View Post
I can vouch that he's not Frosh. He's entitled to his opinion, although I disagree with him. It's the principle of the matter regarding this piece of plasic. If they go after accessories, what's to stop them from going after other accessories? The optic angle has not been addressed, but with the new scopes, where you "tag" the target and it does the rest, that makes anyone a sniper in their eyes. This is just an excuse for infringement. I'm not a big shotgun fan, but I don't want them to be infringed just because I don't see a use for a shotgun accessory. Just because you don't see a need for an item, doesn't make it less of an infringement. That's where the anti-gun folks excel. They know the "Fudds" will support any legislation that doesn't affect their shotguns and hunting rifles. Divide and conquer. The last few mass shootings were with shotguns, seems interesting that no one is moving full tilt yet on banning shotguns....



To some it may appear as a piece of plastic, but to others, it is an infringement. They just keep taking more of the cake away from us.



Q
Just one more bite.
Attached Images
 
__________________
MD, AZ CCW
Member: NRA, MSI
Designated Collector
Rab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:47 PM #182
Rab1515's Avatar
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
Rab1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
Sir. A plastic accessory is not a firearm. The fact that you inbreds don’t understand this is disconcerting.
Exactly so why bother banning it?
__________________
MD, AZ CCW
Member: NRA, MSI
Designated Collector
Rab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:49 PM #183
GolfR's Avatar
GolfR GolfR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Columbia MD
Posts: 919
GolfR GolfR is offline
Member
GolfR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Columbia MD
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
Sir. A plastic accessory is not a firearm. The fact that you inbreds don’t understand this is disconcerting.
My personal view is that you are right, it is not a firearm. (The inbreads statement is inappropriate) What is not recognized here is that this piece of plastic is something that many here have legally purchased with hard earned money and the government has now determined to be illegal and is demanding that we turn in for no compensation. Additially, when and where does this stop? Can they make bolts illegal and confiscate them all? How about firing pins? What about guns with sights, are those illegal? A sliding stock or binary trigger DOESNT make a gun more dangerous in the hands of a law abiding owner.

If a bad person wants to do a bad thing, they will find a way. Removing firearms or accessories from the hands of good people is not going to do a damn thing to prevent crime.
GolfR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:52 PM #184
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 11,734
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 11,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfR View Post
My personal view is that you are right, it is not a firearm. (The inbreads statement is inappropriate) What is not recognized here is that this piece of plastic is something that many here have legally purchased with hard earned money and the government has now determined to be illegal and is demanding that we turn in for no compensation. Additially, when and where does this stop? Can they make bolts illegal and confiscate them all? How about firing pins? What about guns with sights, are those illegal? A sliding stock or binary trigger DOESNT make a gun more dangerous in the hands of a law abiding owner.

If a bad person wants to do a bad thing, they will find a way. Removing firearms or accessories from the hands of good people is not going to do a damn thing to prevent crime.


Stop with the facts, our friend has shown that he is perfectly content with the government banning pieces of plastic whether they be bump stocks or tv remotes or toothbrushes and will gladly lick the boot of his oppressors as they do it.
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:55 PM #185
Rab1515's Avatar
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
Rab1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
I like that he calls us “activists”. Or, just regular citizens who want to keep buttholes from taking our property without paying us FMV.

I wish I could read the comments but I’m not on FB.
Hmmm what changed?
__________________
MD, AZ CCW
Member: NRA, MSI
Designated Collector
Rab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:55 PM #186
Rack&Roll's Avatar
Rack&Roll Rack&Roll is offline
Domestic Tourist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bunkerville, MD
Posts: 18,522
Send a message via AIM to Rack&Roll
Rack&Roll Rack&Roll is offline
Domestic Tourist
Rack&Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bunkerville, MD
Posts: 18,522
Send a message via AIM to Rack&Roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
Sir. A plastic accessory is not a firearm. The fact that you inbreds don’t understand this is disconcerting.
So, you support a system of government where everything is forbidden unless approved?

You say you are “fully informed”.

You do understand what system of government you are aligned with, correct?
Rack&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:01 PM #187
Abulg1972's Avatar
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 3,996
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
Abulg1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 3,996
BUMP STOCK SUIT FILED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
Stop with the facts, our friend has shown that he is perfectly content with the government banning pieces of plastic whether they be bump stocks or tv remotes or toothbrushes and will gladly lick the boot of his oppressors as they do it.

Sadly, my friend, America is no longer the Wild West. We now have laws. I am a citizen of this country and am subject to its laws, as interpreted by the courts. I have studied the constitution for a long time and simply cannot find a provision that guarantees my right to own a plastic accessory or remote control. If you know of that provision, I would be very happy if you could identify it for me.

The problem in this country - and the reason for my tongue in cheek inbred comment - is that there are people driving on the gravel right median of the road and then there are people driving on the gravel left median of the road, and only a few of us want to drive within the white lines. The effect of that is that very few people want to conversate and negotiate. Everyone else wants to duel to the death. Thus, no progress can be had.

To everyone, I say good night and Godspeed.
Abulg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:02 PM #188
Abulg1972's Avatar
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 3,996
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
Abulg1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack&Roll View Post
So, you support a system of government where everything is forbidden unless approved?



You say you are “fully informed”.



You do understand what system of government you are aligned with, correct?


You must fly the flag upside down. Goodnight.
Abulg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:06 PM #189
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 11,734
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 11,734
This guy keeps threatening to go to bed but he keeps coming back to show us how enlightened he is.
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:28 PM #190
GolfR's Avatar
GolfR GolfR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Columbia MD
Posts: 919
GolfR GolfR is offline
Member
GolfR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Columbia MD
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
The problem in this country - and the reason for my tongue in cheek inbred comment - is that there are people driving on the gravel right median of the road and then there are people driving on the gravel left median of the road, and only a few of us want to drive within the white lines. The effect of that is that very few people want to conversate and negotiate. Everyone else wants to duel to the death. Thus, no progress can be had.
This sir I can and do agree with. I will also agree with your statement that we are a country of laws. Regardless of the constitutionality of a piece of plastic, part of the problem is that the left gravel drivers are openly deciding which laws they want to obey (re immigration) and which ones they want to makeup to take away things from those driving on the right side of the road (gun control). It only drives the two drivers farther apart when one side blatantly ignores the law and simultaneously demands that the other side play strictly by the rules.
GolfR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service